Q Acoustics 2070s Subwoofer Problem??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased a Q Acoustics 2000 cinema pack from http://homeavdirect.co.uk/ Brand New in glossy white on 03/01/2012

The problem I am experiencing is the 2070s subwoofer. With the subwoofer plugged into the mains without the RCA subwoofer lead not plugged in, I am hearing a loud humming noise. This suggests to me that there is something wrong with the subwoofer as my previous subwoofer never did this.

When I plug the RCA Subwoofer cable to my amp and 2070s, there is still a humming noise and the noise gets louder as the level dial is increased.

Can someone please get back to me with some info on what the matter is with this 2070s subwoofer?

Regards

Hello Wongers,

My name is Steve Reichert and I'm Armour Home's (and therefore Q Acoustics') PR guy. To be honest, I'm not an engineer and can't think what the problem could be. However, I've already alerted my colleagues on the service team but we won't get a response until tomorrow morning.

Please email me steve.reichert@armourhome.co.uk and let me know your email address, so I can get back to you with any information.

Best regards,

Steve

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

I just sent you an email with my details.

Regards

Alan

A

Anonymous

Hi Steve,

I just sent you an email with my details.

Regards

Alan

kevinJ

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
Is there a ground lift switch on the sub? Most times, a loud humming from the sub is related to a ground loop. Some B&W subwoofers had that too, and cutting off the ground cable solved that.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

On the subwoofer there nothing called a ground lift switch. I presume there is an issue with the subwoofer itself. As with just the power cord plugged in and switched on there is an audible humming noise and if you increase the level dial the humming gets louder.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

On the subwoofer there nothing called a ground lift switch. I presume there is an issue with the subwoofer itself. As with just the power cord plugged in and switched on there is an audible humming noise and if you increase the level dial the humming gets louder.

A

Anonymous

Hi Wongers, I have the same problem with my 2070 sub and coincidentally I've also purchased mine @ homeavdirect.co.uk

Has Steve come up with a solution ????

A

Anonymous

Hi,

My subwoofer had to replaced. To get a definitive answer i would recommend that you contact Steve @ Q Acoustics.

Regards

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts