Q Acoustics 2020i

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
Question for the What Hifi team;

In what areas does the 2020i sound better than the Dali Zensor 1 ?

I would like to know ;)

A

Anonymous

I had a pair of budget Q acoustic 2010's before i upgraded and they sounded fantastic, i doubt there is a major performance difference..

Cypher

Jun 8, 2007
Visit site
I just read this ;

Speaker connections are on the bottom of the speaker, which is fine if standing on a shelf or surface but could cause a problem with some stands if the top plate is small. Since a lot of the bottom of the speaker is cut away to allow for concealment of the connections, these speakers may need the Q Acoustics stands / brackets to guarantee they fit.

So you have to buy the q acoustics stands ?

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
A lot of hifi shops will carry both brands esecially at this price level and since they are popular buys. So you might be fortunate to have a store near you where you can listen to both. Why don't you go and have a listen if that's possible? I had a brief listen to Dali Zensor at a Superfi store and it sounded quite good, certainly less boxy than a couple of other similar sized speakers (forgot which ones they were). Didn't listen to the 2020i though.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Cypher said:
They are still not available in Holland.

Can somebody comment on the stands 'problem' ?

How hard is it to use Google ... ? :p

The speaker has a cutout (the picture is of the 2020 but I'm guessing the 2020i is the same), but you don't have to use dedicated stands, although the cable management might be tidier if you did.

450_Large.jpg

2000StandsGlossBlkLRG_pr51_1.jpg

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Cypher said:
That's the 2010...........the 2020 is biwirable......... :)

Oops ... never believe anything you read on the internet. However, the connection principle is still the same for the 2020i ... like I said ... googling isn't hard ... check out the manual (http://www.qacoustics.co.uk/themes/qacoustics/Q2000_Manual_Eng.pdf) and you will see the connector configuration for the 2020i. Same layout in terms of cable exit as the 2010.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts