Q Acoustics 2020i with Marantz PM 6005 amp and CD 6005

rotorbug

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone listened to this combination?

I can't audiiton as Q Acoustics speakers not distributed in South Africa. I will get them shipped out.

The Marantz combo is smooth with a warmer balance and I was hoping the Q Acoustics speakers would add a bit of energy.

Music tastes are varied from Jazz, Classical, Blues to World music.

I have a small listening enviroment so need smaller speakers.

The combination you list should work very well, I heard it with the newer Concept 20 speakers and would suggest this is the combo you might like to aim for.

I know the speakers are significantly more expensive but will make quite a difference, you might even consider getting the older 6004 amp (there is very little difference between this and 6005) to save a bit of money on that side of things to counter the increase in cost of speakers.

Hi Rotorbug,

Thank you for expressing an interest in Q Acoustics loudspeakers.

The 2020i does work wonderfully well with the Marantz amplifier but of course, we would always recommend an audition where possible. With this in mind, we're pleased to report that Q Acoustics products are now distributed in South Africa by 'SpecifiAV'. Their contact details are as follows:

SpecifiAV

1st Floor, Liberty Building

21 Aurora Drive

Umhlanga Ridge, 4301

Tel: +27 31 535 7048

email: www.specifi.co.za

We hope this helps,

Best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Q Acoustics

mosibda

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Rotorbug,

Thank you again for your interest in the Q Acoustics speaker range.

please pop me an email - sales@specifi.co.za and I will keep you updated with availability and a location where you would be able to listen.

regards

Mohamed Sibda

SpecifiAV

rotorbug

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the replies guys!

I have sent an email to the South African importer, thanks.

Nice knowing that the speakers will will have back up and a resale value compared to importing them myself.

T

the record spot

If you can, then also try or consider Tannoy DC4. Terrific speaker and work well with all kinds of music in small rooms.

SSM

Jan 1, 2010
Visit site
The 2020i won't disappoint. I use a pair in another system with a Musical Fidelity X-A2 which shares similar sonic traits with Marantz amps, and the combo sings. In my experiments, the 2020i can keep up if you're upgrading your source and amp first later on, so it's all-win. :cheers:

SS

matthewpiano

A great combination. Once you've heard (and probably purchased) the 2020i with the Marantz electronics you'll enjoy them so much you will find it difficult to upgrade later on. IMO you would have to spend a massive amount to significantly improve on that system.

TRENDING THREADS