Q Acoustics 2020i or concept 20 upgrade for music

murapogilo

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
As home cinema set I have the Jamo A 101 HCS 5 and Marantz NR1403 receiver. The combination is fine for movies but I would like to have a better sound for playing music. I want to replace the front speakers including the center speaker. I have heard the Acoustics 2020i and to me they sound great. I have two options in my mind:

Option 1: Replace front speakers with 2020i and center with 2000Ci. I keep the rear speakers and the A 101 sub for bass support.

Option 2: Replace front speakers with concept 20 and center with 2000Ci. I keep the rear speakers and the A 101 sub for bass support.

The left and right front speakers will be mounted on the wall with B-Tech BT-77 side clamping loudspeaker wall mounts. The living room is 10x5.5 meters (with open kitchen). Distance between left and right speaker is 4 meter. Distance front and back speakers are more or less 5 meters.

Which option is best? My main concern is the difference of specs between the center speaker and the concept 20s.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I had the 2020i s at the front, with the 2000ci in the centre, and it did sound good, but having upgraded to the Dali Zensor 3 s with a Dali Vokal in the centre, the sound quality (especially for music) is on another level.

So do consider the Dalis, and if you can, audition them along with the 2020i s to see which you prefer.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
The Concept 20s are better, but ideally need their matching stands to fully shine.......so if you are sticking the speakers on the wall, they "may" lose some of their advantage.

Just a thought.

murapogilo

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Thank you for your comments. I'm afraid that Dali Zensor Z3s and stands are no option to me. According to my wife Z3s are too big and stands are too hideous. The center 2000ci is already too big for our taste. Concept 20s are better than 2020i's but the question is: "are concept 20s better in this setting?" Also, advise for another center speaker which is smaller and performs the same or even better in my environment will be highly appreciated. For the 2020i's the 2000ci seems like a logical choice. However, I like the size and looks of the Dali Fazon Mikro. But I have no idea if the combination of concept 20s in conjunction with Dali Fazon Mikro is balanced enough.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts