Q Acoustics 2010/2020

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

matthewpiano

Dan - My issue is that I don't want any excess bass. In that respect the 2020s carried a little too much risk for my room. The 2010s, on the other hand, just seem a little TOO small.

If I'm happy with the Roths and I can adjust any minor issues with cabling changes or placement, then I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie and enjoy the music. I think there is a point at which you have to stop hearing other options and I would hope I've reached it by now.

I am, however, thinking that some slightly smoother cables might help to get the best out of the Roths. I am considering trying some Atlas Equator interconnects and speaker cables, and/or some VdH Name/Bridge.

Dave - Don't worry, I'm not holding you responsible, but your description was very honest about the positives and negatives and was a great help in deciding which way to jump. I'll let you know how I get on.

A

Anonymous

Im sorry if you cant cancel your order, in which case you'll hate me for saying, but the oli 2s are on play.com for £79.99 free delivery!

matthewpiano

bobbyg81:Im sorry if you cant cancel your order, in which case you'll hate me for saying, but the oli 2s are on play.com for £79.99 free delivery!

Thanks mate. Cracking price that, but I needed a guaranteed delivery option due to work committments and Superfi offer that. I've always had good service from them before as well and have never really got on with Play (I always find Amazon much better for CDs and Blu-Rays).

Appreciate the heads up though.

A

Anonymous

Thats good. I look forward to a review. Im thinking about a bedroom system and these look rather nice!

ear

Aug 24, 2008
Visit site
you will find the bass on the oli's 2 quite adequate.on low levels it might seen not to be there, but it is there indeed.they will fill a large room with bass if you put the volume up.I think you will love those speakers.even if they are not perfect.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I've not heard them with Primare JD but have heard the Primare gear with other speakers (and the M/A GS20's and Dali Ikon 6's) and TBH; I didnt like the Primare sound...
emotion-6.gif

I will admit that it looks superb gear and it's well built but not to my taste

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:Dan - My issue is that I don't want any excess bass. In that respect the 2020s carried a little too much risk for my room. The 2010s, on the other hand, just seem a little TOO small.

If I'm happy with the Roths and I can adjust any minor issues with cabling changes or placement, then I'm just going to let sleeping dogs lie and enjoy the music. I think there is a point at which you have to stop hearing other options and I would hope I've reached it by now.

I am, however, thinking that some slightly smoother cables might help to get the best out of the Roths. I am considering trying some Atlas Equator interconnects and speaker cables, and/or some VdH Name/Bridge.

Dave - Don't worry, I'm not holding you responsible, but your description was very honest about the positives and negatives and was a great help in deciding which way to jump. I'll let you know how I get on.

Fully appreciate where youre coming from MP
emotion-5.gif

As for interconnects; the Atlas Equator is damn fine but I'd have a listen/look at the Blacvk Rhodium Prelude. It's down to about £49 for a 0.5m length now and it's a superb interconnect. I'll be using one in my new system when it all arrives!!!

A

Anonymous

I've just replaced an all-in-one Marantz with the same NAD components as yourself. Currently I'm using Mercury Tannoy F1 Custom speakers, which are decent budget speakers, and even after only a few hours use, the NADs are a clear step-up over the Marantz. The wife and I noticed from the first track! Currently I'm awaiting delivery of EB Acoustics EB1s and am obviously hoping for a huge step-up in performance over the Tannoys. I'll let you know how the set-up turns out..

My point is that the Tannoys are, I assume, now working to the max with the more expensive NAD electronics and the EB1s will sit much more comfortably within the system. Granted, £470 is a lot to spend on speakers but the RRP of the NAD electronics are/were £675 and I've the confidence the speakers will be driven well and I'll be treated to a much more exciting listen. Furthermore, the EB1s are of a similar size to the Tannoys and not going to swamp me as a floor-stander or bigger stand-mounter might! It was a toss-up between the EB1s and the Arcaydis DM1s and I feel the NAD electronics are good enough to drive them both.

Have faith in your electronics, they might just surprise you...!

John Duncan

d_a_n1979:I've not heard them with Primare JD but have heard the Primare gear with other speakers (and the M/A GS20's and Dali Ikon 6's) and TBH; I didnt like the Primare sound...
emotion-6.gif

images

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:d_a_n1979:I've not heard them with Primare JD but have heard the Primare gear with other speakers (and the M/A GS20's and Dali Ikon 6's) and TBH; I didnt like the Primare sound...
emotion-6.gif

emotion-10.gif
), but cant delete , just letting you know ...

A

Anonymous

bobbyg81:Thats good. I look forward to a review. Im thinking about a bedroom system and these look rather nice!

hmmmm.....I have the Oli1's in my bedroom

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:d_a_n1979:I've not heard them with Primare JD but have heard the Primare gear with other speakers (and the M/A GS20's and Dali Ikon 6's) and TBH; I didnt like the Primare sound...
emotion-6.gif

images

And you're saying?!?!
emotion-4.gif

John Duncan

d_a_n1979:JohnDuncan:d_a_n1979:I've not heard them with Primare JD but have heard the Primare gear with other speakers (and the M/A GS20's and Dali Ikon 6's) and TBH; I didnt like the Primare sound...
emotion-6.gif

images

And you're saying?!?!
emotion-4.gif

I'm saying it's over. I'm sorry. It's not me, it's you.

TRENDING THREADS