Q-Acoustics 1020 or B&W-685s

pioneer7

Jul 26, 2008
Visit site
Hi all been away for a while so good to be back, i have purchased a new Samsung LE-46 650 LCD very pleased i have spent a bit of time setting it up and feel i have the settings this baby excels with, i have a pioneer BLU-RAY player FD-51.

I am now looking at speakers as the above states its between the 2 options above, any one have these? i have heard both, but would like any feed back with regards these speakers, the B&Ws were great very dynamic and nice looking, as were the Qacoustics they also sounded pretty good, i am swayed towards the B&Ws but would be good to hear what you good folk think, i have an old pioneer amp [not HD] and will get another pioneer soon.

Many thanks

O by the way any thoughts on speaker cable, would the chord carnival silver screen be a good choice.

A

Anonymous

Hi the 1020s are a great budget option, I have them bi wired as my fronts and am very happy with the sound. I've never heard the B&Ws however would be surprised if they weren't better sounding

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
The B&W's will be a better option, but it'll depend on which amplifier you'll be using. An Av amp above £500 would be beneficial, as they dip to 5 ohms, and are quite a low sensitivity. Best to be safe
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

hi, i think the 1020 is the best speakers n have a great budget too, i can say that because i had those speakers for my own Home theater.

A

Anonymous

I have QED Silver Anniversary XT which was mainly influenced when I got a 16m run brand new from ebay for £30. I do remember though another forum member, think it was Pistol Pete, who changed from this to the Chord and noticed an improvement in sound quality. If you don't mind the thickness of it I don't think you'll go wrong.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
That's right....I did change from the QED to the Chord.......but it was the QED Silver 25th Anniversairy version, not XT

I noticed quite a lot of difference too.......assuming you don't mind 1cm diameter cable in your lounge!!

v1c

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I think the B&W would be the better choice of the two you mentioned. However as a pioneer user myself i would like to recommend you take a look at a real bargain 5.1 package the M&K K15/K12 available at £499.95 this is 5 M&K K15 speakers and 1 M&K KX12 subwoofer. This had a retail price of approx £1600 last year and has been reduced because M&K have brought out the M series. The M&K K series is now the alpha series on the M&K website so they are still being made. I had a K series package for 5 years with a pioneer ax5i and i was very happy with it. I now have an M&K M package with a pioneer SC LX-71. I thought i'd mention it as i don't think you will find a better value for money package than this it is an absolute bargain.

Just get my info right the MK alpha range is now the MK Movie range. It went from K to Alpha to Movie but they are the same speakers.

TRENDING THREADS