Purity Acoustics Loudspeakers

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Hi

Has anyone encountered or indeed used a pair of Purity Acoustics loudspeakers in their setups?

I would love some opinions

Thanks in advance

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
just after I made the switch to actives. They look stunning and mightily impressive and like yourself would be very interested to hear how they measure up in reality. Just visited their website and the dribbling began again.

luckylion100 said:
just after I made the switch to actives. They look stunning and mightily impressive and like yourself would be very interested to hear how they measure up in reality. Just visited their website and the dribbling began again.

If that's the case and you haven't had any more replies I suggest one one you actually purchases something and reports back ;-)

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I intend to purchase a pair in the near future

i was just wondering if anyone else had used them

they look to me like extremely good value

my guess is, if they had a well known badge they would be more than double the price!

Gazzip said:
My guess is that somebody not a million miles away works for/owns Purity Acoustics... *biggrin*

Quite possibly ;-)

I get more than a bit curious when a relative newbie comes on mentioning little known speakers when most would, at least, be heading for known brands with good reviews. But then I am getting cynical in my old age.

I'd be waiting for those new cinder-block speakers to arrive if you want cheap. :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
theaceface said:
I intend to purchase a pair in the near future

i was just wondering if anyone else had used them

they look to me like extremely good value

my guess is, if they had a well known badge they would be more than double the price!

Out of interest, which model do you intend to purchase?

steve_1979

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
_MG_4136-2583x2912.jpg

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I certainly have no connection with the company at all

it all stems from trying to find a pair of fairly small sized speakers that work well with a vintage Audiolab 8000a and don't protest too much at being wall mounted

its a nightmare trying to make the right choice, a guy on a loudspeaker forum suggested Purity Acoustics, as he will also make custom pairs of speakers

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
theaceface said:

it all stems from trying to find a pair of fairly small sized speakers that work well with a vintage Audiolab 8000a and don't protest too much at being wall mounted

its a nightmare trying to make the right choice, a guy on a loudspeaker forum suggested Purity Acoustics, as he will also make custom pairs of speakers

Perhaps a pair of PMC Wafers would tick all your boxes.

http://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/pmc-speakers/pmc-wafer-1-speaker-2216063-411411-833330.php

http://www.fanthorpes.co.uk/pmc-speakers/pmc-wafer-2-speaker-2216064-411411-833332.php

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
theaceface said:

Can you contact them and ask if they can supply any reviews or references from satisfied customers?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://en-gb.facebook.com/purityacoustics/

plenty of details about new speakers and how they test them, also some positive customer feedback, if they are fake then they are taking a lot of time and effort to go about it.

*unknw*

Q5

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
macdiddy said:
https://en-gb.facebook.com/purityacoustics/

plenty of details about new speakers and how they test them, also some positive customer feedback, if they are fake then they are taking a lot of time and effort to go about it.

*unknw*

They also sell on ebay, I believe they have a demo room from what I read on a previous listing.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I will delete my comment about the credibility of this company and wish them every success. Like I said in my first post when I first came across them I was impressed but then started to think perhaps it was a case of style over substance. Maybe they should apply a little more content to their actual website rather than focus on a Facebook page though. Just a suggestion.

And re this forum. I'm unable to 'quote' anything from previous posts.

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
still doesn't do their product the justice it seemingly deserves or promote a confidence without any element of doubt. Also the Google map link on the website seems to identify a location that when viewed coupled with a relatively bare bones website offered me little in terms of reassurance, especially if I was thinking of making a potential purchase. I was left wondering would delivery take place in an unmarked white van... This was of course an opinion based on a cursory first glance.

Unfortunately I (unlike seemingly 99% of the population) don't live and breath Facebook. Therefore perhaps some of this company's Facebook fare should migrate to their website proper.

Others on here were equally sceptical of the OP's intentions after his inital post, so it seems scepticism is rife and surely that's no bad thing when we're talking products that cost a pretty penny. Anyway, I stand corrected and my post was edited promptly. No harm done. ;-)

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
and most of us around these parts have heard of ProAc, so not quite the same thing. I think their website is more than sufficient. Although I get your point.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts