Pure One and Pure Evoke 2-XT Problems Any advice ?

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi, couple of questions ?

1. Have been given the mother in laws broken Pure One radio. When you turn it on the whole led display flashes and I cant get it to work at all. Has anyone else encountered this problem and is their any easy fix ? Was wondering if their was a master reset procedure to do or shall I just bin it as it would be too costly to send away for repair ?

2. I own the excellent Pure Evoke 2 xt. I use it all the time via the mains ( its constantly plugged in ) but also portably using the chargepak ( cr-6 I think ) battery. It has served me well for ages now but all of a sudden wont hold a charge for long using the chargepak battery. I did try the chargepak from the above Pure One but have the same problem. Would this be the fact that the chargepaks are now old ( prob 5 years old at least ) and need replacing or will i be wasting my money getting a replacement battery ? Could it be the Evoke is faulty and not charging properly ( the re-charge battery display still lights up ) ?

Anyone else had similar problems or can advise ?

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
I can't help with your first query but I can with your second.

All rechargeable batteries have a finite life and when they "go" there ability to hold a charge falls off dramatically, seemingly from nowhere. Although modern li-ion batteries can be recharged hundreds of times, eventually they take longer to charge and hold that charge even less so yes, you need a new battery.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
At last
emotion-1.gif

Was beginning to lose faith in the What Hi Fi posters then ! Its been a while, thanks Sizzers.

Thanks for answering half the post, if you are right then Im well chuffed because I thought I might need a new Pure DAB unit for a moment then - will buy one soon and let you all know the outcome.

Anyone technical for the first question out there ?

Was hoping someone from What Hi Fi might have some input ?

wrongsideof40

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Long story short: Try an alternative power supply. After months of the radio becoming more flakey and, eventually, not working at all, I bit the bullet and did some poking around. The power supply showed 6volts on the multimeter (correct) but on closer investigation, this collapses down to under 3 volts as the radio was going through its initialzation .

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
wrongsideof40 said:
Long story short: Try an alternative power supply. After months of the radio becoming more flakey and, eventually, not working at all, I bit the bullet and did some poking around. The power supply showed 6volts on the multimeter (correct) but on closer investigation, this collapses down to under 3 volts as the radio was going through its initialzation .

You might wish to check the age of a thread before bothering to reply to it, if he hasn't fixed his problem in three years I don't imagine he's still got the device in question...

wrongsideof40

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
Quite so. I was aware of the age of the thread.. Just thought it might be useful for others in the future with a similar fault, who might stumble across this possible solution.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts