Pure Evoke Flow

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My Xmas present was the Pure Evoke Flow. Via their Lounge application, you can access thousands of internet radio stations, as well as the usual DAB and FM. You can also add your own stations as you want. Internet stations can be searched by language, genre, location, quality of signal, or by name - or any combination of these. Want to search German Techno stations with a signal quality of 3 and above? No problem. It's an ingenious device, easy to use once you get the hang of the process flow, and sounds pretty good as a stand alone radio. Where it really surprised me was in connecting it to my Cyrus 8vs2 amp and ProAc Studio 110 speakers. The quality of sound is extremely good and makes it a real pleasure to listen to. Clearly, it isn't as good a quality of sound as playing music through a Cyrus CD player, but it is very detailed.

I would thoroughly recommend this little gadget, I can see it giving me hours of pleasure.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Bought one a couple of months ago for the kitchen. Excellent quality sound (for a small mono speaker), good finish that cleans up easily and looks very smart.

If you add favourites to the radio they appear on Pure Lounge and vica versa.

DAB reception is better than on our previous Evoke.

I don't use it through the hifi (I use the computer and a DAC for that).

It will also stream from your music server. (Again something I have not tried.)

A

Anonymous

If any of you want a FM/DAB clockradio box, then the Roberts CRD-33 is the way to go! It even has a headphone output and a line output and an MP3 input and SD card input and recording to SD card and a big analogue clock on it! The quality of FM is even better than my Rotel RT-02!

A

Anonymous

Yes, it's rather good isn't it - the Lounge makes a real difference and makes accidentally discovering 'German techno' a thing of the past...note how many Pure radios have been on shows over xmas too...

Terryff

Nov 6, 2008
Visit site
I bought myself a Pure Chronos CD clock radio just before xmas and was pleasantly surprised at its level of detail, not tried it through the hi fi yet, it has a headphone socket, which might sound ok...hmmmm

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts