Pure Chronos iDock - will not charge iPhone 4

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
All Very recently, and for no apparent reason I can fathom, my bedside iDock not longer wants to charge my iPhone 4!? It says that it does not support the accessory, but it has always charged the phone without issues!? My iPhone was recently updated to iOS5 (and has the latest software on it), but I'm not sure that would be the problem? Any ideas? I've sent a request to Pure too, hoping their technicians will be able to assist... Thanks PJ

A

Anonymous

Hi,

i have the same Pure Chronos iDock 2 and it has no trouble charging the iphone 4s using iOS5.

I know ts notmuch help, but it rules out the OS being the fault.

Have you tried to charge an iPOD or a friends?

MAtt

A

Anonymous

Hi,

i have the same Pure Chronos iDock 2 and it has no trouble charging the iphone 4s using iOS5.

I know ts notmuch help, but it rules out the OS being the fault.

Have you tried to charge an iPOD or a friends?

MAtt

PJ1200

Jan 4, 2008
Visit site
Thanks - it is a help.

I have tried my wife's iPhone 4 and it doesn't charge that, although it did appear to charge an iPod the other day.
The dock also makes a very light (but noticable and annoying) 'humming' sound if nothing is plugged into the 'dock', which I wonder is anything to do with it? It has pretty much always done it though.

I've had a response from PURE themselves, who have suggested the product is, unfortunately, faulty. They have asked me to try and find proof of purchase so the dock can be repaired under warranty, which is difficult as the product was a Christmas present last year.

Looks like I'll have to find some statements from my father (who bought it for me) so I can get it sorted.

PJ

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts