PSX-R

halba

Jan 26, 2008
Visit site
I am looking to purchase the following:

Cyrus CD8SE + PSX-R
Cyrus 8vs2
X Power

I auditioned the CD8SE which was great, then added the PSX-R - even more detail & a better soundstage.

I intend to bi-amp using the 8vs2 connected to the tweeters & the X Power to the Bass.
My question is will the 8vs2 & X Power both benifit from adding a PSX-R or am I wasting good money ?

A

Anonymous

Put all your money into the main Cyrus products first. PSXR's can be added any time.

For the same money, I'd get the DAC-XP with CDXTSE CD transport, and add an X-Power. The quality of this system will be far better than using an 8VS2 and X-Power.

A

Anonymous

I was going to suggest the Cyrus PreVS and Mono X with 8SE. The addition of a PSX to the preamp later improves the detail resolution a lot apparently. Then you can add one to 8SE. Winner. Of course, the DAC and transport would be superb but expensive!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
igglebert: Of course, the DAC and transport would be superb but expensive!I think the poster recommended that system as it's the same price as the OP's intended system. Dping it this way gets the most from the system heirarchy theory, and will allow better amplification and power supplies to be added later without needing to change the front end.

A

Anonymous

You can save a lot by buying the PSX-Rs second hand. If you do that and find that they don't make much of a difference then its easy to sell them on with no loss.

You may also benefit from running a dedicated pre rather than the integrated as theoretically seperating the pre and power amp stages should improve clarity over an integrated and if you do choose to upgrade it should be easier to do as provided you don't go the DAC-XP route you will likely keep the same pre.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts