admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can you tell me if it is possible to use PSP3 as DVD player to up scale my normal DVDs. Since it is a Bluray player I would like to buy it instead of a normal Up Scaling DVD player. Is this a wise option? I already have a fairly old Panasonic DVD R and would like to keep that for an odd recording. I have Sky+ currently but will up grade to SKY HD soon and a have Sumsung LE40F87BDX to go with the PSP3. Thank you very much.

A

Anonymous

Very wise option, it's well renowned for being one of the best upscalers on the market, unless you fork out a lot of cash for really really good one! Plus it supports 24ps playback with a firmware upgrade...

A

Anonymous

Firstly, thank you very much to you both for replying. Secondly, I should have stated that it was PS3 that I was referring not the PSP3- well spotted! In haste I forgot to ask an important question, will I be able to play HD DVD on the PS3? if it doesn't will I have to re consider my options to buying a good up scaling DVD player?
Thanks

A

Anonymous

First answer is no, it only plays Blu-ray.

Question is, unless you've got a free supply or have a back-catalogue of HD-DVD's, why is that a problem ?

A

Anonymous

.[quote user="Axum"]
First answer is no, it only plays Blu-ray.

Question is, unless you've gotÿa free supply or have a back-catalogue of HD-DVD's, why is that a problem ?
[/quote]
Thank you for your reply.No, not all! I was just wondering, if I decide to buy any HDDVD and how would I play them back since the PS3 won't play them.I am definitely buying a PS3 (40gb) since the guy down the road said I could have one for £265. One more question, do I need to check, is the PS3 region free and play(PAL/NTSC) discs without restrictions or are these issues irrelevant to HDDVD and BLURAY? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

You wouldn't be able to play any HD-DVD back, but then why would you buy them in the first place if you had a Blu-ray player like the PS3 ?

I think (although not sure at all) that regions still exist with Blu-ray's, so you would be restricted, although i have no idea a) if i am correct or b) this can't be got round some way.

A

Anonymous

Yes there is still regional codes with Blu ray but the codes are now letters not numbers A for North America , B for Europe and C for Asia if you check a lot of discs are AB and ABC like the new bond film

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts