smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
am i right in thinking that the ps3 slim will be able to put a 3D blu ray through it after there june update.

so saying i buy a 3D tv can i send optical to the av amp saving buying a 3D amp and then buy a 1.4 hdmi lead from the ps3 to the tv.

i would not mind getting the 3d later in the year but will not be able to afford a 3Damp,3Dtv and 3Dblu ray player. Im sure im not the only one looking at 3D and worried about costs.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
Sony's CES presentation last month confirmed it could update every PS3 to 3D Blu-ray spec via download. Haven't been able to coax any details out of Sony UK since, mind.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i have been told at the sony centre they can only update the slim ones if they could do all would be great as most of my friends still have the older one.

A

Anonymous

So if the ps3 Hdmi 1.3 is unable to bitstream audio, how will it be able to stream the other image needed for 3d. Will it be HDMI 1.4 compatible? as it is.

A

Anonymous

It certainly is all models of PS3. I'm pretty sure you'll still only need a 1.3 HDMI lead though, as the PS3's HDMI port won't be changing ?

A

Anonymous

But is the 1.3 hardware able to transfer 1.4 content as i read an interview by some Denon stuff stating that present recievers with Hdmi 1.3 hardware will not be able to transfer 1.4 data correctly.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
im gussng the ps3 will read the data and probably send it 720 x 2 and not 1080 x 2 the same as the sky box,so thay can boath use 1.3 hdmi.still dont no if this method will be able to bypass through the 1.3 amps if so it could be the best option for the first couple of years.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
hdmi ports are the same and they can do 1.2,1.3.1.4 and even 1.8 ie. the xbox only needs 1.2 but a 1.4 lead would do the job. the update will send the info to the hdmi port but if a 1.4 lead is not in the port the right info wont be sent to the tv. the sound part is that the old ps3's have not been installed with a chip that allows the machine to get the bitstream to the amp. So again 3D audio which is at present not going change from blu ray audio will stay the same, open the email up in the ps3 and sent mutichannel out or if you have a slim send a closed email to your hd amp.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
because the amp wont have the stuff inside to feed the port with the right infomation. I may be wrong but i spoke with denon tech guys on friday about my 1909 and how i will get 3d through it and he said i wont but the sound will be fine. and he said they were using the same hdmi ports on the 2011 3d amps which will be 3d its just my amp wont know how to read the right infomation

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
thats why i thought the ps3 and sky would use 1.3

its not good really the first 3d sets hit the shops in little over a month and nothing is very clear .and lets face it if we dont no what chance do most people have.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
agree mate its all chinese whispers at the minute i really would like by say september to have a 3D tv but not if me ps3 cant send the picture to the tv and my denon ampo cant pass the audio through it. I am worried as well as it's all 3D ready so i might wait 2 years for full 3D and then it should be clearer if a what equipment we need and more important has it took off.

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
i was going but cant gutted i think its 8 quid and pay on the door. would be great to hear how they ran/played it through.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts