PS3 V Panasonic DMP-BDT210

adamm

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Morning, i am thinking of putting my ps3 into the 'boys playroom' and buying a Blu-ray player for my lounge i have a reasonably good set up in my lounge and was wondering if i will notice any differences in picture and sound ?

Many thanks...

Paul.

Depends which PS3 you are using and what you are plugging it in to. I noticed an improvement in sound as I have a PS3 fat which cant bitstream. I have the BDT310 (same thing as yours with two hdmi ports) and have it bitstreaming to my Onkyo 805.

I noticed an improvement in motion handling over the PS3 as well, but wouldn't want to comment too much on image quality as my TV is hardly reference quality :)

adamm

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
Hi Paul, At the moment i have my PS3 slim connected to my Onkyo TX-SR605, speakers are Front B&W 685s, Centre, Rears and Sub Kef 3005se and TV Panasonic TXP50ST30 if this helps :)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Impossible to say - some people can tell differences between Blu-ray players whereas others see and hear no differences at all. I'd suggest you take the PS3 slim to a dealer so you can run a comparison on the same screen / surround system.

Also, take some Blu-rays / DVDs with you that you know very well.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
adamm said:
Oh ok thanks i really thought there would be a difference...

Worth noting that I didn't say there wouldn't be a difference, however, it does seem to be quite subjective as to whether people can see or hear differences or not e.g. I saw and / or heard differences between each of the Blu-ray players I auditioned when I purchased my Marantz, but others have stated they could not tell the difference between the PS3 and Denon's DVD-2500BT when they've compared them.

That's why you really need to go and audition it for yourself - no one else can tell you whether you'll see / hear a difference or not.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a very similar set up same tv Onkyo 606 and Quad speakers. i up graded my fat PS3 for the Sony 370 and noticed the difference with blu-ray, but it fell short with dvd playback, audio was better, but now ive just the st30 and need a 3d player.I would consider the BDT310 with its two hdmi's.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Ive got a very similar set up same tv Onkyo 606 and Quad speakers. i up graded my fat PS3 for the Sony 370 and noticed the difference with blu-ray, but it fell short with dvd playback, audio was better, but now ive just the st30 and need a 3d player.I would consider the BDT310 with its two hdmi's.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts