PS3 Set Up - PLEASE HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy a new amplifier and speakers for my PS3 and have come across the Onkyo TX-SR606 as being one of the cheapest amps. Just asking as the Onkyo has HDMI inputs for audio and is able output Dolby TrueHD would this be a good buy for the PS3? Also would this mean that I'd need to connect the PS3 to the Onyko using another HDMI cable, meaning I'd have 2 HDMI wires connected to the PS3 (1 for TV & 1 for Onkyo).

Also as I'm on a tight budget for speakers (under £300) would the Jamo A102HCS5 speaker system be a good buy and work well with the Onkyo and PS3?

Sorry I'm a novice at all this stuff, so thanks for the help!!

A

Anonymous

You feed the PS3 into the 606 and then feed the tv from the 606 (Hdmi s on both). If you had all the right sources they would all go into the Onkyo and only 1 hdmi would go into the tv from the 606. Unfortunately I also have a scart from my Virgin sd box into my tv but not an issue really.

The Onkyo and PS3 are the bargain set up and I don't even play games.

A

Anonymous

We're all novices...don't worry about it. That's why we're all here.

If you click on the new "How To" link at the top of the screen there's a great introduction to AV Receivers and how to connect up all your equipment etc (How TO... Hook up your home cinema receiver)

Have a look through these videos as I found them useful.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
dmroberts:
Have a look through these videos as I found them useful.

Glad you found the videos helpful. We'll be bringing you more in the coming weeks, so let us know if there are any other 'How To' topics you'd like to see covered.

A

Anonymous

ive jus bought the onkyo 606 and was gona hook up my ps3 to it but the guy in the shop told me to use an hdmi and an optical is this correct do i need both??

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts