PS3 connectivity to my home cinema - help !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

Ive treated myself to a PS3 for xmas to watch a few blue ray films with the kids, but I cant for the life of me figure out how i'm going to get the thing to work with my sony davz111 (a low end system i bought a couple of years back). Went to comet today and the guy said it wasnt possible as there is no optical socket.

Is he right ? I've also got a new panasonic 42" plasma - a mate reckons i might be able to utilise that in some kind of way.

Youll have to excuse me as im not very good at this kind of thing !

Thaks in advance for any help !

A

Anonymous

As far as using your home cinema kit goes, its a no go. you can however watch the hi def video on your tv, assuming it has an HDMI socket which may or may not be able to remove the audio signal from the HDMI, something you will soon find out after plugging it into the PS3. You will need to buy an HDMI cable as they are not supplied in the PS3 box. As the PS3 uses HDMI and optical digital as its only digital sound outputs, going for a home cinema kit with these sockets is the only way forward to hear the full cinema experience

A

Anonymous

As your kit is designed for analogue only could you not take the analogue sound from the PS3.

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys. I'm really confused now as s mate of a said I can use a HDMI to link the PS3 and my TV, and a set of RGB leads to take th signal from my TV back to my home theatre...from what you say this isnt possible.

Been loking at the super sexy sony dav is10 home theatre which appears to have an optical input..so I guess this would enable me to get surround from my blue ray discs via the PS3 right?

Apologies if im sounding daft !!!

Cheers

Nat

A

Anonymous

Just notcied the DAViS10 is £387 on empire direct until midnight (retail is £600?!) Is this my best bet then to get surround from my PS3. It seems a waste having the DVD player on the IS10 but its going to cost much more to get a decent amp/receiever and speakers I suppose !

Come on - help me make me mind up - offer finishes midnight !!

Thanks again !

A

Anonymous

Having separate receiver and speakers will sound better. But, look at what buying speakers like the Sony's will cost on top of a receiver. It all comes down to personal preferance, the size of your wallet, size of speakers you want, and the prospects of wanting to upgrade. As a neat, cheap, little system the Sony is a great buy at 387, but should you want to upgrade in the future its basicly a throw the lot away and start again job, whereas having separate receiver and speakers will be more flexible, but a lot more expensive.

A

Anonymous

hi is there a digital in connection in your sound system if so you can buy a optical to digital in adapter

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts