PS3 connections.......

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I need answers about the connections on the 60gb and 40gb models of the PS3. How many, which type and such. The answers will ultimately affect which model I will buy. Thanks in advance.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well unless you know of a secret stash, AFAIK the 60GB is now just about unavailable new, and there are some silly prices being asked for used ones already.

So it looks like you'll be buying a 40GB one - which connections are you concerned about?

A

Anonymous

I wasn't needing any number inparticular, I just heard that the number of several of them had been cut down for the 40gb model. I was originally wanting to play my PS1 and PS2 games on it, so I had one just unit to play them on instead of unpacking each console every time but I'm not paying the silly prices for a 60gb one when I already own each other console.

A

Anonymous

You really have little choice but to get the 40gb ps3, but i have read (can't find piece) there may be a software patch around june coinsiding with the release of Metal Gear Solid 4.I think in the US Konami are doing a re-release of MGS 1,2 and 3 in one pack.You could just wait and see, but once you start playing PS3 games i'd be surprised if you went back to the old games

FuzzyinLondon

Dec 5, 2007
Visit site
The 40GB version won't play previous generation games. Also, they've cut down the USB slots from 4 to 2 and have got rid of the media card reader. Sony did this to cut production costs in order to offer the console at a more competitive price.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the help guys. The thing about using PS1 and PS2 games on it is because I'm a really into my retro games. I still play older games because I could never afford them the first time round, but now I can pick them up for (almost) nothing off e-bay.

A

Anonymous

Fair point about retro games.If i was in your position i would save away through April and May and hope sony announce a software patch for backward compatibility, if not a 60gb from ebay looks your only way

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts