PS3 Blu-Ray

A

Anonymous

it got 5 stars on most rewievs and as a owner of one i can say the image is fantastic for under £500. u can get better but it will cost more and it would have to be a dedicated br dvd player so if u play games and like to see movies i think ps3 its the way plus the ps3 continualy updates itself via internet so all hail the ps3 !

A

Anonymous

Only really lookin to buy a ps3 as a cheap blur ray player, my main games machine is my xbox 360 which does have alot more games on it. Is the pic quality that different when comparing a ps3 to the best blu ray players?

A

Anonymous

yes a dedicated br dvd player will give you better image and sound but it will cost double the money and the improvements in image and sound will not be doubled they will be better its up to you to decide
p.s. the 360 has more games for now but it will be left trailing in the wake of the ps3 as new games come that will use the potential of the ps3 in its full.

A

Anonymous

More games in the "future", no point buying a console now when the games that are out for it are not competent. PS3 is an entertainment machine, jack of all trades i think, however the 360 is the master of gaming ;)

p.s we are getting Ninja Gaiden 2 next year, and you're not!! lol

A

Anonymous

are u gonna get gran turismo hd ?and by the way wat makes a console great is it's capability not just it's games remember ps3 and 360 share 70% of games only 30% are axclusive to either console the reason i think the ps3 is better is because of it's over all performance the fact that it continuosly upgrades it self because it has hdmi and bluray dvd play back as standard yes halo 3 its fab and so are lost o games on 360 but the ps3 has the over all edge

A

Anonymous

[quote user="sex"]i think the ps3 is better is because of it's over all performance the fact that it continuosly upgrades it self because it has hdmi and bluray dvd play back as standard [/quote]

I'm currently debating whether to buy a PS3 or a 360, mainly for HD movies but also for the occasional spot of gaming. The problem is that while the 360 is technically inferior and noisy, and my money is on Blu-ray to win, there are more HD-DVDs out right now that I want to watch than on BD, and more games I want to play on 360 right now (Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War), even though the PS3 ought to be more capable when developers learn to use it fully. Oh, so hard.

Don't forget that the XBox360 Elite edition has HDMI

A

Anonymous

The ps3 is a really nice blu ray player, I also use my 360 as a brilliant HD DVD player aswell. The 360 is defo more noisy, but give it room to breath and its ok.

just so everyone knows. ALL 360's have HDMI on from now. So if your thinking of geting one, pop into the shop, make sure you ask the person to look on the back of the box. If they are froma new delivery they should have HDMI on the box, and then you know. Also wait a couple of weeks and the 65 nm chipline aka "falcon" will be in all stores, Runs at half the voltage and is quiter and ALLOT COOLER!

Both consoles are amazing, i say own them both. At the minute the 360 is defo the better choice for gaming!

A

Anonymous

well then d.j.krime i guess u r happy with your 360 and im happy with my ps3 its a win win situation enjoy your gaming mate

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
I have both consoles so have the best of both worlds.

I would recommend buying a PS3 if you do not currently have a Blu Ray player, it's cheaper than Blu Ray players of equivelant quality with the added bonus of being able to play the PS3 exclusive games.

A

Anonymous

I was considering buying a PS3 but the games line up is just so shallow for the forseeable future!! All the PS3 exclusives are not even exclusive anymore and are coming out on the 360. The only three left that are worth any interest are MGS4 and Tekken 6, possibly Killzone?!?

A

Anonymous

i think exclusive games are b@@lsh*t thy should be banned ..truth is i would love to play halo 3 on ps3 and i have mates who would love to play gran turismo hd on 360 i see a wall like in berlin and i hope it will go away. some good games are available in both formats/consoles but still we the gamers are put against eachother by the manufacture both sony and microsoft should knock this s&*t off and let us play with no limits

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
As far as I see it the only people that "pit gamers against each other" are the gamers themselves. I struggle to understand why gamers insist on slagging off one system compared to another. If they had/could afford both, I'm sure they'd be happy.

Back on topic, the PS3 is a good Blu Ray player and it will soon (hopefully) have a firmware upgrade to support all of the HD audio formats.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="DASIMPSE"] just so everyone knows. ALL 360's have HDMI on from now. So if your thinking of geting one, pop into the shop, make sure you ask the person to look on the back of the box. If they are froma new delivery they should have HDMI on the box, and then you know.[/quote]

That's purchase decision-changing information for me. Thank you VERY much. One thing putting me off a 360 was having to buy an Elite model just for the HDMI interface.

[quote user="DASIMPSE"] Also wait a couple of weeks and the 65 nm chipline aka "falcon" will be in all stores, Runs at half the voltage and is quiter and ALLOT COOLER!
[/quote]

That implies (but does not promise) that it should be quieter too: you could use a slower fan speed. Which would make a big difference. Is there any way to tell which have the 65nm process? Do they have different product codes you could check in an online store, or markings on the box you could check in HMV/Virgin Megastore?

A

Anonymous

I only saw the a news story for new 65nm-fab chips yesterday, suggesting that the Halo3 Special Edition version of the console is the first with the new chip in it.

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/10/01/ms_ships_65nm_xbox/

Allegedly draws less power than previously. No specifics on cooling.

PS. I'm glad you guys rescused this thread from the depths of fanboyism just before this descended into a console war!

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Just got a replacment 360 back from Microsoft as my old one suffered from the Red Ring Of Death (3 red lights) and the unit I have recieved back is a new one with hdmi and the new chipset and I can confirm that it is definatly quieter, here is to hoping that it does not get as hot!

FoxJA

Aug 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]
Just got a replacment 360 back from Microsoft as my old one suffered from the Red Ring Of Death (3 red lights) and the unit I have recieved back is a new one with hdmi and the new chipset and I can confirm that it is definatly quieter, here is to hoping that it does not get as hot!

[/quote]

excellent - mine is an original 360, no HDMI and very loud. Any idea how I can get mine to have the old 3 rings thing so they can send me a new one??

A

Anonymous

Just tell them that the 3 red lights have appeared on ur console more than once!

A

Anonymous

Hi, do you know if this works for sure? Wouldn't they check when they got hold of it?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts