Protecting speakers from knocks?

Always cut the red wire!

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
I want to keep my speakers in perfect condition, so when i do eventually sell them they'll be in 'as new' condition.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this OR have you used anything that protects your speakers, e.g. Gaffa tape/bubble wrap/pillows/airbags???

Thanks in advance.

007L2Thrill

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but I do not fully understand what you mean? If you mean storing your speakers then the best bet is to bubble wrap the speakers and put loads of cardboard around them or place them in boxes, but if you have the original box's that they came in then that's your answer.

But if you mean you are using your speakers and after use you what to protect them then a protecting bag of some sort would do, like the white bags some speakers come in, but would look really rubbish in your front room with them on.

Let me know what you meant.

Always cut the red wire!

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Sorry about that.

I meant when they are out on display. e.g. Bookshelf being knocked off their stand/floorstanders being hit by the tv stand (on wheels)/hoover/people placing things on top/kid's radio controlled cars/jealous forum members(!)/etc

John Duncan

You need to take pre-emptive action:

bubble.jpg

A

Anonymous

This thread is almost like the guitar scene in Spinal Tap. "Don't touch it!". "Well I wasn't going to touch it. I was just pointing at it." "Well... Don't point."

Seriously. If they're standmounted some good blobs of blu-tack will do the trick at sticking them to the stand. Make sure the stand is securley spiked to the floor. This will protect them from the hoover and other floor bound menaces like toys rug rats etc. As for being knocked speakers are quite resiliant really, just don't put where there is likely to be much foot traffic.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Bubble wrap would keep them safe but it would be a shame not to see the finish! Almost like buying a nice car and never driving it
emotion-43.gif

If bookshelf, best bet without going this far would be to choose substantial stands with Atacama gel pads on top (coupled with blu tak to be extra sure) and keep them as close to the wall as they will allow (possibly next to a book case and something else on either side?)

john1000000boy

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Alternatively stick your kit behind...........

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?client=safari&rls=en&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&q=fire+guard&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=773205133735527527&ei=I_5HTYndN8fPhAfGmKXXBA&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=5&ved=0CFYQ8gIwBA#

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts