proposed new system, admittedly a step down but due to house move and space, 6004 - 6004 - kef300 with techincs 1210

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
hi there, havnt been on for a while

little bit of advice and thoughts, ive currently got a system which is border line mid range and cost a fair bit of money, but i wouldnt say im happy with it, i was happier with my previous budget system of marantz 8200 amp and matching SACD player with a musical feldelity 24k dac and valve buffer through to audio vector m3 signiture speakers. got rid of all that apart from the speakers and went for the roksan k2 amp and cyrus cd6se combo, the amp is powerful but together it doesnt seem to be as good some how, maybe was expecting too much, but ive found that you are more pleased with budget hifi or you seem to be happier with it maybe because you expect too much from more expensive hi fi, i dont know ill porbably get torn to pieces.

so im changing my system again, selling off the amp and cd player, and the speakers and going for a more modest system rather than throwing more money at it. also moving house so freeing up some funds and also still having a hi fi when ive moved would be a bonus and i also wont have the space at the new place and wont be able to turn it up as much

so, thinking of selling everything off but keeping my interconnects, power leads and possblely speaker cable, and trying out the marantz 6004 cd and and amp with either kef300 (which sound more like what i want) or b&w685 and a techincs 1210 mk2 record deck with a goldring2110 cartridge and stylus. if the phono stage in the amp wasnt that good i was going to get a 640p cambridge audio phono stage for it.

what do people think? im mad probably but constructive helpful advice would be great

thanks for reading

A

Anonymous

looking through reviews the kefs might not be the way to go, the mx1's? maybe the dynaudios?

A

Anonymous

mickford said:
ive currently got a system which is border line mid range and cost a fair bit of money, but i wouldnt say im happy with it, i was happier with my previous budget system

It would help a lot if you tried to explain what you are not happy with. What's wrong (in your opinion) with the Roksan/Cyrus combo?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts