Project Debut built-in phono

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
How good is the built in phonostage and speedbox on the Debut III Phono SB, when compared to buying the Project mkII phono and speedbox separate, then adding them to a standard Debut III?

I have seen Debut III Phono SB in almost new condition for considerably less than the cost of 2nd hand separate deck, phono and speedbox, but don't want to buy it if it could be inferior in sound quality.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
try and get a second hand mk1 expression, the arm is on another planet compared to the debut.

no problems with spares, every thing is available.

the arm will take a much wider range of cartridges, including light weight moving coils. i use an ortofon tango with excellent results.

you can add a speed box later, definitly worth it, large improvement in sound stage, depth, bass.

take your pick on budget phono stages, nad pp2 ( recommended, punches well above it,s weight ) pro jects own boxes or cambridge.

oldleodensian

Oct 7, 2008
Visit site
matthewpiano:Agreed. If you can stretch to, or find within budget, a better deck than the Debut, go for it. I've got a Debut III and its okay, but I'm really yearning for something a bit more sophisticated.

If I act quickly, can get the Debut III phono SB for only £80. Even 2nd hand phono stage and deck is hard to find to match that price...is that the absolute bargain it seems??

A

Anonymous

The price is good, so go for it.

There are always more choices when you spend more!

I used to have the Debut II and it was a great deck - my 2 xpression is better, but for much more money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts