Professional CD recorders

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
My next upgrade may possibly be a new cd player, and have seen some professional cd recorders being sold on ebay for cheap. Some have 24 bit A/D and D/A converters etc etc...

I am not familiar with all the technical jargon, but a quick question: ... How would one of these compare to a standard cd player when used soley as a cd player i.e connected directly to the amp and used soley as a cd player and not a recorder?

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
I had the Pioneer PD-R609 whch I had bought new for £185 quid and was a CD Recorder aswel as player.

At the same time I had the Pioneer PD-S707 which was just a player now to me you cannot beat Pioneer they are my favorite. Solely I used my player for playing and the recorder for copying cd's. Unfortunately the PD-S707 packed up and just gave me random erors on the screen so in the bin it went and I started using the PD-R609 just for playing.

MAN did I notice a dfrence the sound was much more pure, I'm guessing that the lazers read better than the average player because it has to record.

So My guess is, grab a cheap recorder off Ebay like the PD-R609 and se it as a player if you like it grab a similar model and us that as your recorder.

As far as I'm aware also the Recorders have sound converters and enhancers in and it's all very technical but sounds great!!!

A

Anonymous

thanks cjackson ... will have a close look at cd recorders ... am not sure if they are better than a standard cdp when used purely as a playback cdp .... but if you read the technical specs, they seem very advanced (24 bit etc etc) and good used ones are pretty cheap

cjackson

Sep 27, 2009
Visit site
No probs mate, Yeah I've been looking on eBay and there are a few Pioneers on there going cheap!!!

I would always use a CDP as a CDP, but if your main CDP was go bang and give out blue smoke you can then turn to the recorder for it's help!!

Good Luck in getting a recorder if that is the plan!

I'm saying there are cheap Pioneers on eBay it's your preferance I'm just putting on what I would look for
emotion-1.gif

Ejoy!

A

Anonymous

cjackson:

No probs mate, Yeah I've been looking on eBay and there are a few Pioneers on there going cheap!!!

I would always use a CDP as a CDP, but if your main CDP was go bang and give out blue smoke you can then turn to the recorder for it's help!!

Good Luck in getting a recorder if that is the plan!

I'm saying there are cheap Pioneers on eBay it's your preferance I'm just putting on what I would look for
emotion-1.gif

Ejoy!

there is much better than the pioneer .... look at the HHB and read reviews on google .... could be a bargain, assuming they work very well for playback? .... would love to hear from someone who has tried one for playback only

Greenwich_Man

Sep 6, 2008
Visit site
I have a Pioneer PDR-609 - this is a 16 bit recorder. And I have a NAD C541i which is a 24 bit player - I find recording onto the Pioneer and then playing back through the NAD is best.

A little while ago it seemed that the NAD may be on the brink - but at least I could have used the Pioneer

a91gti

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
The good thing about pro kit is that you can get something that is well built and solid for much less than similarly specced joe public stuff.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts