admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
At the moment Im running a Tag AV32R Processor for all my kit with 2xTag Power Amps,but seeing as Blu-Ray seems to be winning the format war and no upgrades available for me what would be the best way forward as Id still want to use my power amps in the system

A

Anonymous

Get one of this fancy new reveivers from Onkyo (705 upwards) and use their pre-outs to feed your power amps. alternatively run analog cables from your BluRay plaer to your power amps. Only problem with this would be losing HDMI switching. Best immediate option would be the Onkyo 705 for £599.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
Wait for a while, hope there's a sensibly priced Blu-ray machine with decent analogue outputs soon, and stick with what you've got.
[/quote]

Now THAT is really good advice, and don't buy a Blu-ray player yet until the format is finalised.

A

Anonymous

was considering going for the Onkyo TX-SR875 as Ive already had a demo of it (part ex my processor or sell privately) allowing the onkyo to slave with the power amps and bring in the Pioneer BDP-LX70A and keep my DV32flr as a seperate issue as its multi-regioned with the PSM192 board which allows me to go DVI to HDMI

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Well, you could do that, but I still think the AV32 is an excellent piece of equipment, and well worth hanging on to.

And yes, the Pioneer is the best of the Blu-ray breed right now, but i think there may be other interesting products not so far down the line. (No, not inside information - just a hunch!)

Have to add that if I were running a DVD32 with PSM192, I'd be taking a very long cool view of the whole Blu-ray/HD DVD thing.

A

Anonymous

Have to add that if I were running a DVD32 with PSM192, I'd be taking a very long cool view of the whole Blu-ray/HD DVD thing.
[/quote]

What do you mean Andrew as Ive only recently had it put in and Im still getting used to the difference from not having it fitted

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
Wait for a while, hope there's a sensibly priced Blu-ray machine with decent analogue outputs soon, and stick with what you've got.
[/quote]
So does this mean using the 6 analoge out on the player to the 6 analoge in on the processor and if yes does this give a superior sound when compared to using a single coax/optical digital connection as i had been assuming for quite a while that coax digital is superior to analoge and thought analoge out (the 2 l/r ) were for those of us who only have a 2 channel system and had to use the players dac's..Have i missed misunderstood something..

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
With a standard DVD player the digital output will give the best results.

With an HD player (Blu-ray or HD DVD) having good onboard decoding and conversion, the analogue outputs will let you access the Dolby/DTS HD soundtracks which can't be passed through standard optical or electrical digital.

Especially the case with the TAG processor, where the analogue input bypasses all the digital processing aboard the unit.

A

Anonymous

I mean with a player that good I'd be in no hurry to make the jump to Blu-ray/HD DVD

[/quote]

So I presume what your saying basically is that the DV32 WITH the PSM192 board fitted is as good if not better than the Blu-Ray/HD players???????????

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, I am saying it's an exceptional DVD player and capable of such image quality that I would be in no hurry to leap into Blu-ray or HD DVD until this whole format thing is resolved.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts