Problems with the Pioneer SC- LX56 Amp!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
I got my new Amp today got it all set up etc My other one was manufactured OCT 2012 whilst this one is DEC 2012 so least not from the same batch.

I switched it on and all seemed well then I switched it off and it went off the way it should do (but then the other one was ok initially) so only time will tell if it's alright.

I'm going to do the MCACC later ?(when it's quieter) So i'll see how it goes :pray:

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Well I'm starting to laugh whilst shaking my head from side to side now as this 2nd one doesn't work :wall:

Same problems as the last one only now this one isn't letting me turn up the volume via the remote as it just freezes.

So after mumbling some colourful language to myself I decided to phone pioneer about these issues. The guy on the phone (nice bloke but not helpful) listened to my rant (politely given of course) and then said that he himself was not aware of any of the issues that I've declared!!( Although there's forums full of the same complaints with which they said they also have been in touch with Pioneer) so basically that was that, he didn't get in touch with the engineer team etc I just felt because he hadn't heard of the issues that was good enough for him, he just told me that if I wasn't happy to return it and get my cash back (that's the way to go to get custom)

I went back to the HIFI store and explained I called pioneer and that the Amp is still playing up, so he is now going to talk to there pioneer Rep and see if some light can be shed on it all............

Story continues......

ianb76

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Pioneer SC-LX76 for about 2 months now. The only issue I've had similar to yours, was when turning off. 1st click is immediate, but the odd time 2nd click to turn amp off can take an age. This has only happened twice, so no real issue. I am a little concerned though as I'm running amp for many hours a day, because off work with serious injury. On the whole though I'm very pleased with it, sound is tremendous, very detailed with fantastic separation. Hope you get your issues sorted & be able to enjoy your amp as much as I am.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
ianb76 said:
I've had my Pioneer SC-LX76 for about 2 months now. The only issue I've had similar to yours, was when turning off. 1st click is immediate, but the odd time 2nd click to turn amp off can take an age. This has only happened twice, so no real issue. I am a little concerned though as I'm running amp for many hours a day, because off work with serious injury. On the whole though I'm very pleased with it, sound is tremendous, very detailed with fantastic separation. Hope you get your issues sorted & be able to enjoy your amp as much as I am.
Yes so do I ianb76 and I agree the amps from pioneer do sound fantastic, when working!! I wont give up though as surely I'm bound to find a working LX56 :?

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
Oh no! I never expected Pioneer amps to be faulty. Hope yours gets sorted soon.
Tell me about it bigboss neither did I !!!! I've owned a couple of pioneer amps over the years and never had such issues before.

Was nearly tempted to get a Denon maybe the 3313 but I do love pioneers, i'll be patient :)

jase fox said:
bigboss said:
Tell me about it bigboss neither did I !!!! I've owned a couple of pioneer amps over the years and never had such issues before.

Was nearly tempted to get a Denon maybe the 3313 but I do love pioneers, i'll be patient :)

The Denon will match your blu ray player very well! ;)

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
jase fox said:
bigboss said:

The Denon will match your blu ray player very well! ;)
Yep, this is what I thought too :grin:

michael hoy

jase fox said:
Michael,

How have you got your subwoofer connected to this amp? And if your using just line level do you get sub bass in stereo mate?

Cheers

Sorry meant to say "your amp" :-/

Jase, sorry missed your post.

I have the sub connected by one cable at line level.

I use the amp in direct mode not pure direct, the direct mode allows the sub, pure direct does not.

I hope you get this sorted, the Pioneer is a great amp.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
jase fox said:
Michael,

How have you got your subwoofer connected to this amp? And if your using just line level do you get sub bass in stereo mate?

Cheers

Jase, sorry missed your post.

I have the sub connected by one cable at line level.

I use the amp in direct mode not pure direct, the direct mode allows the sub, pure direct does not.

I hope you get this sorted, the Pioneer is a great amp.
No probs Michael thought you may see it sooner or later ;)

And what size are your speakers set at? Small or Large?

I didn't get to try direct mode only used pure direct for stereo, so i'll try if I ever get a working 56 !!

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
bigboss said:
You've got brilliant REL subs. Set your speakers to small to give them a good workout.
Yes the REL Q100E's are great subs and still stand up to most of the current ones today.

I experimented once flicking back and forth from small to large and found that by setting my speakers to large sounded better :O

I honestly thought at the time that small would make my sound more deeper and fuller etc but it was the other way round.

michael hoy

jase fox said:
Michael,

Cheers

jase fox said:
No probs Michael thought you may see it sooner or later ;)

And what size are your speakers set at? Small or Large?

I didn't get to try direct mode only used pure direct for stereo, so i'll try if I ever get a working 56 !!

I have my speakers set to small and 80Hz crossover, the Apex cannot go low enough on their own.

I would agree with BB and set them to small.

michael hoy

jase fox said:
Michael

When you did your MCACC set up what did it set your speakers to Small or Large??

Thanks

The MCACC has always set them to large.

Change them to small and re run the MCACC, firstly

Go into Manual SP Setup and change the SP settings

Crossover 80Hz and speakers to small.

Assuming your speakers can handle this frequency.
Re run Auto MCAAC but select custom, and then select Keep SP settings.

I will ask the team to pass on my email address to you and I will send you more details.

WHF - Please pass on my email address to Jase Fox.

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
jase fox said:
Michael

When you did your MCACC set up what did it set your speakers to Small or Large??

Thanks

The MCACC has always set them to large.

Change them to small and re run the MCACC, firstly

Go into Manual SP Setup and change the SP settings

Crossover 80Hz and speakers to small.

Assuming your speakers can handle this frequency.
Re run Auto MCAAC but select custom, and then select Keep SP settings.

I will ask the team to pass on my email address to you and I will send you more details.

WHF - Please pass on my email address to Jase Fox.
Yes, good idea Michael as was thinking of this myself , be able to have a better chat about it,

Cheers

jasman7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I've had a LX56 since early feb this year. After a month of enjoying a truly wicked sound experience, one day got a sharp noise from the speakers and the amp shut down with nothing but the Advance MCACC bluelight continually flashing.

Wouldnt turn back on for love nor money. Receiver got replaced by retailer asap which was great service.

3 weeks down the line and ive had the same problem with the second receiver.

First time was using a surge protector, and none of the other equipment got kicked off, it was only the amp that shut down, so couldnt put it down to that or everything would have turned off.

Second time it happened had receiver plugged into the mains directly.

Totally baffled, as all my other AV equipment has had no issues at all, so it cant be power supply related.

Have i just been very unlucky and had 2 faulty amps from a bad batch?

Anyone else had this issue with this receiver.

Am now at the end of my teather and am thinking of switching to the Denon AV3313.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts