Problems beefing up my TV sound ...

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Hi
My TV only has one Digital optical Out socket – no other means of getting sound externally. What’s the best way to beef up the sound from my TV when I have a stereo with no optical in? (Arcam Solo Mini).
Also, is there any new/unique ways of getting your music to you stereo from an iPod Touch? (Like this: AudioEngine w2)
Thanks in advance
My Set up (well, its not set up!)

Samsung LED 7 Series UE40B7020
Arcam Solo Mini
B&W CM1 Speakers
PS3
iPod Touch

Thanks

John Duncan

If you generally have your PC on all the time, rather than try to stream from the iPod Touch directly, I'd use an Airport Express, and use the iPod Touch as a remote control.

And if you get a DAC (as discussed yesterday as the means to get digital out from your telly into the Solo), you can plug the Airport Express into that as well and get top notch sound.

MyWhatHiFi

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Right DAC it is!

JohnDuncan, again - thanks. I was struggling to get my head round this DAC idea. But I think I'm there. And thanks for the help yesterday).

A

Anonymous

The gadget SpiceWeasel mentioned will only convert optical to electrical digital signal, not analogue, so wouldn't work for you as your system only has analogue inputs. ÿI think a DAC is your only option.

I would probably lose the attachment for the ipod on the audioengine gadget. A dock is fixed to the amp so you can't lose it. ÿIt's clever though.

TRENDING THREADS