Problem with the Q Acoustics Package Sub?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys. I have read negative feedbacks regarding Q Acoustics package subwoofer (2070S). Did anyone here experience any problem with it? Is this product very good or does it have a faulty design? Thanks.

A

Anonymous

i've had one for over a month and had no problems with it - had to turn level down on it a bit as system was too bassy, but that's about it.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Geoggy and Clare.

That is quite alarming. Should I go ahead and buy the Q Acoustics Cinema Package? I know its a stupid question but I have been saving up for months now for a very good and reliable home theatre system and I try to be very careful.

I have decided to get Denon's AVR-1911 but still undecided with the speakers. Which speaker package would suit best with this Denon?

Thanks.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Well we haven't encountered problems and would/do still recommend it. There's nothing we've tested around that price that comes close to its performance.

I'll ask Q Acoustics to comment re the subwoofer.

A

Anonymous

Thank you very much Clare.

The negative feedbacks from the 4 people (from the link you gave me) was quite alarming. They had the same problem with the subwoofer.

Please keep me in the loop Clare once you hear from them.

I am now also considering KEF's KHT 3005SE speaker package to go with my Denon AVR-1911. Any feedback from the members/users regarding their performance as a pair? Cheers.

swiftmick

Nov 1, 2008
Visit site
No no no! If you want to stay away from problem subwoofers, stay away from Kef speaker packages.

Dont beleive me?

There have been vast amounts of fauty Kef subs on ebay for the last 3-4 years to my knowledge.

Wouldnt be suprised if there are a few on ebay now.

Stick with the Q package. And no, I am not employed by them.

A

Anonymous

swiftmick:
No no no! If you want to stay away from problem subwoofers, stay away from Kef speaker packages.

Dont beleive me?

There have been vast amounts of fauty Kef subs on ebay for the last 3-4 years to my knowledge.

Wouldnt be suprised if there are a few on ebay now.

Stick with the Q package. And no, I am not employed by them.

Yes!!! I agree totally. KEF subs are the worst in terms of reliability - I had two, both new and both had problems and were returned.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the heads up guys!

How about B&W's MT-25? Do you have other suggestions that would suit best with denon's 1911?

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
Please bear in mind that you are more likely to read negative comments from users than positive.

There has been a problem with some 2070 subs from a batch that was delivered around the spring time. We have sold a very large quantity of these packages and have only experienced three failures. Although that is more than we would expect it is not a worrying number and Armour ( Q-acoustic's UK distributor ) have been excellent sorting the replacements.

As for Kef there was a well documented error in the KHT 2000 sub many many years ago and at the time faulty amp boards were swapped straight away without question. That fault is in the past now. All the new subs operate prefectly and in four years of trading we have not had any fault with a KEF subwoofer. I would imagine that KEF overdo it on their quality assurance to ensure there is no repeat of the previous fiasco.

As to the OP it depends on your room, the KEF is a better system, the HTB2 is a big step up from the 2070 and the 3001 sats will deliver a clearer sound than the QA. That said the KEF speakers do perform well with a good amp. I cannot comment on the 1911 paired with the 3005 as we do not support Denon. You can easily match the 3005 with amplifiers at twice that price whereas I would not do that with the QA.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:All the new subs operate prefectly

You mean they walk around the showroom with their ties done up, looking self-important and shouting "No running in the corridors!" at the lesser speaker systems?
emotion-2.gif

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
the_lhc:TheHomeCinemaCentre:All the new subs operate prefectly You mean they walk around the showroom with their ties done up, looking self-important and shouting "No running in the corridors!" at the lesser speaker systems?
emotion-2.gif

Something like that but with the Paradigm Sub 1 in store they are now standing in the corner with their mouths shut trying not to attract attention.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
TheHomeCinemaCentre:
the_lhc:TheHomeCinemaCentre:All the new subs operate prefectly You mean they walk around the showroom with their ties done up, looking self-important and shouting "No running in the corridors!" at the lesser speaker systems?
emotion-2.gif

Something like that but with the Paradigm Sub 1 in store they are now standing in the corner with their mouths shut trying not to attract attention.

Ooooooooooohhh, I saw that demo at Bristol!
emotion-2.gif
Made Terminator Salvation VERY watchable! They had two of them...

A

Anonymous

the_lhc:Is the Sub 1 the bigger model, I think there's a Sub 2 as well isn't there? Aren't they about £7k each or something?

There is indeed a Sub 2 reviwed in HCC this month cost 7+K got ref status

Sub1 is 3.5K reviewed in the forum we cannot mention , got ref status

Now if I hadnt bought a M&K-350 , and indeed adding another then these would be top of my wish list

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
lesmor:
the_lhc:Is the Sub 1 the bigger model, I think there's a Sub 2 as well isn't there? Aren't they about £7k each or something?

There is indeed a Sub 2 cost 7+K got ref status

Ah, it was two of those that the demo at the Bristol Show was using!

Firstly, thanks to all of you for your interest in Q Acoustics loudspeakers, especially of course, those forum members contributing posts supportive of the brand. I apologise for not responding sooner but it has taken me a little while to collect all the relevant info.

The Q Acoustics 2000 Series has been a resounding sales success for Armour Home, due in no small part to the wonderful reviews all the speakers have received from What Hi-FI? magazine and the positive comments by members to this forum.

It is only eight months since we began shipping 2000 Series models in October 2009 and we have already sold over 26,000 units. You won't be surprised to learn that the most popular model is the wonderful little 2010 speaker because, not only are there four in each home cinema pack, we sell large numbers of stereo pairs as well.

The overall returns rate for the 2000 series remains resolutely below one percent. This is good news, but to be frank, it is what you would expect from a range of mainly passive loudspeakers. The individual returns rate for the 2070S subwoofer is higher but remains very much in line with what would be expected of an 'electronics' product and actually slightly better than that of the previous 1000S/Si models which were generally regarded as reliable. To put this in perspective, to date less than 90 people have had a problem with their subwoofer. On behalf of myself and the whole Armour team, I offer our sincere apologies to these customers and trust they have received a replacement subwoofer which is now performing properly.

So, if you own a Q Acoustics 2070S subwoofer or are considering purchasing one soon, can we guarantee it will never go wrong? The answer is no, of course we can't and nor could any other manufacturer. However, we have instigated even more vigorous quality checking at the factory with the aim of improving reliability still further. We have done this because we wish to carry on selling 2000 models in very large numbers and to do so we need the endorsement of forum members such as yourselves, spreading their positive experiences.

Q Acoustics provides a full two year warranty on subwoofers and it is our policy to replace any faulty unit during this period*. So in the unlikely event that you have a problem under warranty, simply return it to your dealer and we'll replace it.

Very best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

* This policy excludes misuse and applies in the UK. If you are resident in another territory please contact your local Q Acoustics Distributor to verify warranty conditions.

A

Anonymous

Geoggy:i've had one for over a month and had no problems with it - had to turn level down on it a bit as system was too bassy, but that's about it.

Spoke too soon - after my post in April, my subwoofer has died. I now have the hassle and expense of returning it. Great.

A

Anonymous

Hi mates,

I also have had the subwoofer heating issue. Mine only lasted 6 months! i bought in June 2010 and now stopped working.

I will contact Q acoustics about this...Such a pity as it is a great system..as long as it doesn't have reliability issues!

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I purchased a Q Acoustics 2000 cinema pack from http://homeavdirect.co.uk/ Brand New in glossy white on 03/01/2012

The problem I am experiencing is the 2070s subwoofer. With the subwoofer plugged into the mains without the RCA subwoofer lead not plugged in, I am hearing a loud humming noise. This suggests to me that there is something wrong with the subwoofer as my previous subwoofer never did this.

When I plug the RCA Subwoofer cable to my amp and 2070s, there is still a humming noise and the noise gets louder as the level dial is increased.

Can someone please get back to me with some info on what the matter is with this 2070s subwoofer?

Do I need to return the subwoofer for a replacement?

Regards

TRENDING THREADS