Problem with Panny BD-75 Blu-ray Player

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
My Panasonic BD-75 has started having problems with playback of Blu-Ray movies,it will freeze then sometimes jump forward by several minutes,sometimes it will allow you to rewind to the previous point and sometimes not. Dvd playback is working ok so I`m thinking maybe a laser problem. Do Blu-Rays use different lasers for Dvd playback or not have to work so hard with dvd`s ?

I was thinking about changing the player anyway and was wondering do more expensive players use better lasers/transports or is the extra going on all the extra features such as 3D,Wi-Fi etc. ?

The firmware on my player is up to date and as Sods law would dictate it`s 2 months out of warranty. Any suggestions for a new player in the £2-250 range? Would prob like to stay away from Panasonic for now.

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Interesting post and very relevant to my also just expired warranteed (expired May 2012) Panasonic 500 flagship Blu Ray player.

Take a look at my post (at time of responding just below yours).

I feel your pain irrelevant of how much you paid - it shouldn't happen.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Hi BB

The player was bought from Tesco Direct in June 2012 (used up my clubcard points :) )

The problem has happened on the last 2 blu-rays from Lovefilm, namely Loopers and Rampart,cleaned the discs with no improvement.

basshound

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
psurquhart said:
Interesting post and very relevant to my also just expired warranteed (expired May 2012) Panasonic 500 flagship Blu Ray player.

Take a look at my post (at time of responding just below yours).

I feel your pain irrelevant of how much you paid - it shouldn't happen.

Sorry you`re having problems too,wonder if Panasonic had a dodgy batch of transports in 2012 ? Wouldn`t surprise me if the same transports/laser are used in all models regardless of price.

basshound said:
Hi BB

The player was bought from Tesco Direct in June 2012 (used up my clubcard points :) )

The problem has happened on the last 2 blu-rays from Lovefilm, namely Loopers and Rampart,cleaned the discs with no improvement.

Have you tried some of your own blu rays? Does the problem still happen? Even tiny scratches on the disc can affect a player.

If it is indeed your player, check this news:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2009/may/23/tesco-consumer-guarantee

psurquhart

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Bit of waffle, apologies I am like that, but have updated my post now after an afternoon with Richer Sounds so you might want to have a read.

BB - my discs are either new or in very good condition (despite little monkeys / kids - I look after them).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts