Question Problem with my Quad Vena 2

Threadbare

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I am a new member and have been reading the entries made regarding the Vena 2. I bought the amp new in July 2019 and during the past six months have been experiencing a crackling effect through the left channel on all inputs much the same as other members have described. I am now experiencing a fault with the volume control which works fine manually but will only increase in volume from the remote and not decrease. Also, when I switch the amp on from standby the volume control does not return to the zero position. I have emailed Quad but as yet have had no response. Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.

I am a new member and have been reading the entries made regarding the Vena 2. I bought the amp new in July 2019 and during the past six months have been experiencing a crackling effect through the left channel on all inputs much the same as other members have described. I am now experiencing a fault with the volume control which works fine manually but will only increase in volume from the remote and not decrease. Also, when I switch the amp on from standby the volume control does not return to the zero position. I have emailed Quad but as yet have had no response. Any comments or advice would be much appreciated.
Did the volume control ever return to zero?
Most amps I have used tend to return to the last used volume setting.

Threadbare

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
I have had one for over a year and it never returns to Zero from standby, only if i powered it off fully from the rocker switch at the back.
Hi Bumrah, thanks for your comment. As I said it’s always returned to zero. Could this be a software fault? LED blinks when I send the decrease volume instruction from remote but no action from the volume control. No response as yet from Quad. I sent them a reminder today.

Bumrah

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hi Bumrah, thanks for your comment. As I said it’s always returned to zero. Could this be a software fault? LED blinks when I send the decrease volume instruction from remote but no action from the volume control. No response as yet from Quad. I sent them a reminder today.
No problem. It could be yes. Is it a Vena 2 or a Vena 2 Play? You could try a factory reset via the software if it's a Play version. If not you could email this guy who i have found very helpful - Rob@iaguk.co.uk

Threadbare

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys, emailed Rob at IAG who was very helpful the upshot of which is that he believes the volume control is faulty. I have sent the amp to IAG for repair. Rob informed me it would take 4-6 weeks. Don’t know if I can go that long without my Vena II. Disappointed that this should happen. I had a 33/303 combo for 20 years and never a single issue with it before I sold it on.

Hi guys, emailed Rob at IAG who was very helpful the upshot of which is that he believes the volume control is faulty. I have sent the amp to IAG for repair. Rob informed me it would take 4-6 weeks. Don’t know if I can go that long without my Vena II. Disappointed that this should happen. I had a 33/303 combo for 20 years and never a single issue with it before I sold it on.
33/303 made in different times and different places I am afraid. Not good to hear that long repair time either.

Threadbare

Nov 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi guys, thanks for all your contributions. I sent my Vena II to Rob at IAG on 17 Nov and got it back yesterday 18 Dec. Everything worked beautifully and it was so good to have it back. It really is a wonderful sounding little box. The work was carried out under guarantee and there was no charge even though I purchased it in late July 2019. I emailed Rob to thank him and to say that Quad still appear to maintain and have regard and value for customer service.

Reactions: 12th Monkey

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts