Question Problem with home theater setup with new LG Oled with Yamaha AX 840 and Naim 200/202

mikyinz

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
It was working fine with my old 9 year old LG TV if turned Yamaha on would automatically go to Dolby digital with Naim doing front 2 channel and Yamaha doing centre,sub and rears.
I bought the AX 840 to replace Yamaha DSP-E800 which was basically surround sound!
My problem now is I would like take advantage of my new Oled with Dolby Atmos which I can't use with my current setup. I would like something more simple to control.
Bearing in mind would still like to have my 2 channel through my existing Naim for vinyl, CD,and Antipodes music server.
So want the best of both worlds with less boxes hopes this makes sense.

Arron

Aug 24, 2021
Visit site
It was working fine with my old 9 year old LG TV if turned Yamaha on would automatically go to Dolby digital with Naim doing front 2 channel and Yamaha doing centre,sub and rears.
I bought the AX 840 to replace Yamaha DSP-E800 which was basically surround sound!
My problem now is I would like take advantage of my new Oled with Dolby Atmos which I can't use with my current setup. I would like something more simple to control.
Bearing in mind would still like to have my 2 channel through my existing Naim for vinyl, CD,and Antipodes music server.
So want the best of both worlds with less boxes hopes this makes sense.
Many of the mid/high-end AV amps have pre-out and that should be all you need. Just connect the pre-out for L/R to your Naim.

That said, go have a listen to a decent AV amp first. Amps have come a long way in the last few decades so you might find an all-in-one at the same price you paid for your Naim will deliver a sound you can love.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts