[Problem] Sony TA D505 No Audio

dudas

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Hello guys, great forum you have here :)

I'm not an audiophile person, but I like to have great audio systems and this forum is going to help me a lot in this area.

Going back to the subject of the thread.. I have an old Sony TA-D505 amplifier on my beach house, which I only use one or two months a year. The time and the weather here have degraded the amp, I think, because it is a little rusty on the outside. The last time I used it was in Aug 2013 and everything was working smoothly. This year I came here and there is no sound at all. I plug in my iPod via Aux Cable, as always, the amp receives the signal, because I see the equalizer working normaly, but there is no exit signal, no audio, nothing, and I've checked all the connections. The most strange thing is that tha red led in the volume button is constantly blinking, like the amp knews that something is wrong, but there is no way to find out what it is. I've searched for manuals and all that stuff, but the only thing I got was complex schematics of the amp.

Probably some capacitors or resistences were gone and I have to replace it, I don't know. I want some opinions before I order and replace them myself, if I can.

Thanks for your time guys,

Regards

TrevC

dudas said:

I'm not an audiophile person, but I like to have great audio systems and this forum is going to help me a lot in this area.

Going back to the subject of the thread.. I have an old Sony TA-D505 amplifier on my beach house, which I only use one or two months a year. The time and the weather here have degraded the amp, I think, because it is a little rusty on the outside. The last time I used it was in Aug 2013 and everything was working smoothly. This year I came here and there is no sound at all. I plug in my iPod via Aux Cable, as always, the amp receives the signal, because I see the equalizer working normaly, but there is no exit signal, no audio, nothing, and I've checked all the connections. The most strange thing is that tha red led in the volume button is constantly blinking, like the amp knews that something is wrong, but there is no way to find out what it is. I've searched for manuals and all that stuff, but the only thing I got was complex schematics of the amp.

Probably some capacitors or resistences were gone and I have to replace it, I don't know. I want some opinions before I order and replace them myself, if I can.

Regards

If you don't understand a 'complex' schematic you won't be able to repair it yourself. Could be damp, try heating the innards with a hairdryer.

dudas

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
I just said "complex" because I didn't see it closely. In fact, I'm finishing electrotechnical engineering this year :) I just wanted to know if there will be some other ways to solve the problem. I will try that, thank you!

In case of the hair dryer doens't work, what is the best solution?

Thanks in advance ;)

novakane

May 1, 2022
Visit site

Regards
Hi there, i'm having the exact problem with mine, where you able to fix it? If so, would you please be kind to send me a mail?

Last edited by a moderator:

doifeellucky

Despite the OP’s initial comment including “I'm not an audiophile person, but I like to have great audio systems and this forum is going to help me a lot in this area.” he/she actually never came back so good luck in finding him/her. I’d argue you’re probably wasting your time.

Despite the OP’s initial comment including “I'm not an audiophile person, but I like to have great audio systems and this forum is going to help me a lot in this area.” he/she actually never came back so good luck in finding him/her. I’d argue you’re probably wasting your time.
Yes, just noticed the date of first post.
I believe the person that rekindled the thread could be a spammer.....

Reactions: Gray

novakane

May 1, 2022
Visit site
Yes, just noticed the date of first post.
I believe the person that rekindled the thread could be a spammer.....
Naah! i'm no spammer, was actually google-searching a solution to my problem & the results lead me to an old post in this forum where someone shared same issues as mine.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts