problem getting Quad Artera Play to, er, play

JonB1001

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
I've just bought a quad artera play (not +) and have hooked it up to my pathos classic remix integrated amp using both XLRs and RCAs but I've had no joy getting any sound out of it. I've tried each of the two aux RCAs out of the Play into each of the 4 analogue inputs on the back of the Pathos but no joy. I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong. It should be a very simple set up. Before I return it as a non-working unit, if anyone owns an Artera Play and has any pointers, I'd be grateful. thanks.

Tinman1952

I've just bought a quad artera play (not +) and have hooked it up to my pathos classic remix integrated amp using both XLRs and RCAs but I've had no joy getting any sound out of it. I've tried each of the two aux RCAs out of the Play into each of the 4 analogue inputs on the back of the Pathos but no joy. I just can't work out what I'm doing wrong. It should be a very simple set up. Before I return it as a non-working unit, if anyone owns an Artera Play and has any pointers, I'd be grateful. thanks.
Aux 1 and 2 are inputs not outputs….
you need to connect to the PRE outputs 👍

rowli001

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
I have a Quad Artera Play+ paired with the Artera Stereo through XLR cable. I've been using the USB input since I acquired it, and very pleased with the performance and sound. So having been sent an SACD, I thought - lets pop that in an see how it sounds. It reads the disc, tells me how may tracks. I can press play - it starts playing a track, the number of seconds counts up. No Sound whatsover. Must be the disc I think. No - Regular CD's all the same.

I moved to the US and so not local to where I bought it. I've sent messages to Quad, with no response, which as a long time Quad equipment owner I am very disappointed by.

Am I doing something stupid or is my Artera PLay+ defective, and what do I do about it?

Am I doing something stupid or is my Artera PLay+ defective, and what do I do about it?
Welcome to the forum.

Your question isn’t related to the original other than the product, so might be better in a new thread. But nevertheless, I get that you’re saying no CDs play, not just your recently received SACD, correct?

What does the manual say about playing a disc? It might automatically switch because you pressed play, or maybe you need to select it, perhaps using remote? What have you been sending to the USB input up until now?

rowli001

Feb 3, 2023
Visit site
What does the manual say about playing a disc? It might automatically switch because you pressed play, or maybe you need to select it, perhaps using remote? What have you been sending to the USB input up until now?
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the welome!
I am using the remote to switch to 'CD' and then Play. The manual doesn't speak to anything other than that I fear.

Dom

I just asked ChatGPT if the Quad Artera Play+ can play SACD's and it said "No, the Quad Artera Play+ does not support SACD playback. It is a high-end CD player that supports standard CD and MP3/WMA discs."

Thank you for the welome!
I am using the remote to switch to 'CD' and then Play. The manual doesn't speak to anything other than that I fear.

Oh dear! Well, if there’s no other preparation needed - some years ago there might have been securing screws to remove, but I doubt it here - it sounds like a repair job. I guess you could try one of those CD/DVD cleaners with the tiny brushes but there’s no guaranteeing it’ll do anything useful.

Last resort, perhaps? Disconnect it completely. Grasp with both hands and give it a firm but gentle shake. You’d be amazed how many players work again once they bounce their way to repair on the back seat of a car! Nothing to lose. But as it’s playing discs, albeit silently, it doesn’t sound like a transport issue, but an electrical one.

Lastly, have you tried this route to ask Quad?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts