Proac Tablette Anniversary

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

jneves said:
Thank you, guys,

I´m moving to another city (another country, to tell the truth) and I think I´ll sell my int amp and my speakers. I´ll purchase new ones there. So I´m looking for information about the brands which have distributors there.

I already know apartments there are pretty small (at least the ones I can pay for...). So speakers that can work close to walls (25-30cm) are preferred. SA1 is sealed, what is good. Studio 115 is front ported, what is still good. Tablette is back ported; I´m not sure they work well so close to wall.

I once heard a ProAc D15 and I really liked it. Very neutral, detailed and the bass was unbelieveable! At the same place, at which I had been sometimes, I also heard Spendor speakers: SA1, SP100R, SP2/3R2. Both ProAc and Spendor were driven by Croft pre/amp.

SA1 and SP100R are incredibly seducing, but SA1 seemed considerably more inviting, where SP100R was a bit too much laid back.

That´s my doubt between these 2 brands. I wouldn´t like something so laid back. I´m brazilian and, besides jazz, I listen mostly to brazilian popular music, including samba, for example. So I´d like something more, let´s say, lively, but never something that gives an "on my nose" sound.

Cheers,

João

If you can get to audition the Harbeth P3 ESR I'd also recommend them. Sounds a little livlier than the SA1 and has a similar (not at all offensive) tonal balance, give them a try before you commit to the SA1. My Tablette's are now in store and I'm going to try collection this weekend.

A

Anonymous

Xinonx2 said:
I bought my ProAc Tablette Annaversary about one week ago together with a Creek Destiny2 .

I use Bryston Bdp1 and Bda1 as source . Know they need some weeks at least to sound there best , but already they sound fantastic, and the looks are awsome :)

Cheers from Norway

Sounds like a good combo, the rich silky sound of the Creek countering the pin sharp Proac.

A

Anonymous

Finally got my Tablette's (in stunning Ebony) and was amazed at just how small these things are even though I used to own some Super Tablettes, the quality of fit and finish is just amazing. They're still running in but what struck me most was the imaging from these little boxes, musicians are lazer etched in space they are like a precision measuring tool, I've never heard the like. Treble is not as unruly as I was expecting and will probably settle down with time (still hot) but the midrange is on par with my Spendors. There's more bass than the SA 1 (how on earth?) but at the moment its not the same quality, again hopefully time will improve them.

A

Anonymous

Spectre said:
Finally got my Tablette's (in stunning Ebony) and was amazed at just how small these things are even though I used to own some Super Tablettes, the quality of fit and finish is just amazing. They're still running in but what struck me most was the imaging from these little boxes, musicians are lazer etched in space they are like a precision measuring tool, I've never heard the like. Treble is not as unruly as I was expecting and will probably settle down with time (still hot) but the midrange is on par with my Spendors. There's more bass than the SA 1 (how on earth?) but at the moment its not the same quality, again hopefully time will improve them.

Did time improve them ?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts