Proac Studio 115

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Paul - these are basically a big revision on the older Studio 110s. Rather than a cosmetic upgrade, ProAc have gone the extra mile to upgrade the cabinets, drivers and crossovers. Can't wait to hear what others think.. as always with speakers (especially at this level), we'd always recommend a demo to make sure they offer the right sound for your ears.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I have to admit I wasn't so keen on the old Studio 110's, I always preferred the older Studio 100's, but along with the new Studio 140's, I'm loving these new ProAcs. They're a little more 'vivid' sounding then the previous models, with a little more urgency to their sound, ut still retaining that ProAc sweetness that many people seem to like. ProAc have never rely had too many matching issues, but try them with your system to see if they give you what you're looking for.

A

Anonymous

Are these speakers capable of reproducing rock/metal music well or i am asking too much?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I think the newer ones are better with rock than the older ones - but then we have had a lot of customers who've been buying ProAcs generally for multiple music genres, including rock. These speakers should be on everyone's £1k speaker shortlist.

cassper

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
Guys, some time has passed since the last post - and I need an advice on the same topic - Studio 115. I just had a chance to audition the Tablettes (to replace my B&W685), I liked them, but at home I can't use back ported design due to the front of the speaker being only 60cm from the back wall. Hence I will go for the Studio 115, but probably will not have a chance to audition them before the dealer orders them for me, and in Slovakia noone stocks them.

I'm sure now, after 2 years, you must have a plenty of experience to compare the two. So, is there a big difference between them, or can I rely on auditioning the Tablettes and expect something similar from Studios 115s? Other option I am considering are Dynaudio X16, but these are easy to borrow for the home auditioning from the dealer.

Any helping words are greatly appreciated.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts