ProAC, B&w and the rest !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just wanted some peoples opinions on some kit ...! The problem I have is that I will be shortly moving home and my so called music room which I have been allowed will be just a tad smaller than what I currently have hence down grading speaker size. I used to own Quad 77 Hi Fi which consisted of Pre Amp, Pwr Amp,CD, and remote teamed with B&W 605 ... I have sence replaced the Quad kit after many years of good service as I could not afford the Electro Static's at the time (Happens when you have family) and it hurt so I got rid. I have since replaced the Quad Kit with Musical Fidelity V3 Pre Amp, V3 Head Phone Amp, Phono stage, and PSU. I have always liked there kit and I got it all new for quite a good deal. The problem is that the 605's are going to be to big for the room ! Its easy to say use the headphone amp ! or turn it down but they are just to big. I have listened to Sonus Faber Concerto's (Pricey), B&W 685 (Nice for the price), Kef IQ5SE and ProAc Studio 100's. And is very hard to decide which sounds best the ProAc's and the B&W sounds great so and the kef's are good. Do any of you lot own any of them ? and if so what are your experiences with them ? Only your ears alone can make the final call that is true ... but opnions count yes !

A

Anonymous

Here comes the Totem train!
Seriously though, if your room is small the Arro's would be amazing. A wee bit pricey but the imaging is stellar, beautiful speakers. I'd also look at the mites, for the money they're some of the most musical speakers around.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts