ProAC, B&w and the rest !

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I just wanted some peoples opinions on some kit ...! The problem I have is that I will be shortly moving home and my so called music room which I have been allowed will be just a tad smaller than what I currently have hence down grading speaker size. I used to own Quad 77 Hi Fi which consisted of Pre Amp, Pwr Amp,CD, and remote teamed with B&W 605 ... I have sence replaced the Quad kit after many years of good service as I could not afford the Electro Static's at the time (Happens when you have family) and it hurt so I got rid. I have since replaced the Quad Kit with Musical Fidelity V3 Pre Amp, V3 Head Phone Amp, Phono stage, and PSU. I have always liked there kit and I got it all new for quite a good deal. The problem is that the 605's are going to be to big for the room ! Its easy to say use the headphone amp ! or turn it down but they are just to big. I have listened to Sonus Faber Concerto's (Pricey), B&W 685 (Nice for the price), Kef IQ5SE and ProAc Studio 100's. And is very hard to decide which sounds best the ProAc's and the B&W sounds great so and the kef's are good. Do any of you lot own any of them ? and if so what are your experiences with them ? Only your ears alone can make the final call that is true ... but opnions count yes !

A

Anonymous

Here comes the Totem train!
Seriously though, if your room is small the Arro's would be amazing. A wee bit pricey but the imaging is stellar, beautiful speakers. I'd also look at the mites, for the money they're some of the most musical speakers around.

TRENDING THREADS