Pro-ject s headphone amp

DarkWhisper

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Ive just bought the new Pro-ject s headphone amp, at the mo am using it from my ipod 160gb through my apple ipod dock ver the ichord. Because ive sold my amp and cd player as i dont use them any more so will be looking for a set up a little step away from cd's

Am just wondering if the sound with be a little warmer when burnt in.
Been running for about 30 hours now, and it still sounds very bright and splashy. not warm and appealing at all. am using it with some senn HD 600

A

Anonymous

My knowledge of these things is somewhat limited but as far as I understand it most amps of any kind can take a great deal of time to burn in as I'm sure you will know, so surely there will be some improvement in quality. But also consider the possibility of a mismatched system - running from ipod - to headphone amp - to high end headphones. Is it possible that the source to amp to headphone is unbalanced? What I mean by that is your headphones may be too 'good' for the amp and ipod and the amp too good for the ipod. Your headphone amp and headphones may be exposing the poor quality of the ipod files.

Of course all terms such as good poor etc are relative to user.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
Scrap the Pro-Ject and buy a Aune Mini USB Dac SE.

For the money you wont get better, quality h/phone amp and a stand alone DAC, the sound quality is outstanding.

Straight to the bottom of the page, on another planet compared to the Pro-Ject.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts