Pro-ject + Marshall stanmore volume woes

My problem is that 4 or 5 records into the evening, sitting back with a drink, inevitably the wife wants to go to bed.

I currently have a sony seperates system that for years has served me well in playing the modest selction of vinyl I own. I have moved (downsizing) I am now looking at the Pro-ject elemental deck connected via a pre amp to a Marshall Stanmore speaker. Iv looked around at other options but I think im almost settled on this setup. The issue is that when I need to turn the volume off, I have previously just stuck my headphones on and carried on enjoying my records and this I cannot do with the proposed setup as there is no headphone out socket.

What I would like to know, is does anybody know of a suitable preamp with a headphone out socket aswell as the RCA out to power the speaker so I can just turn off the speaker and plug in the headphones?

The forum posts I have looked through have led me to believe it is a murky somewhat unknown area but surely I cannot be alone in this.

Cheers,

Laurence

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Would be fine as they nearly all have a headphone socket and RCA output to an amp etc.

I can't make recommendations as we are a distributor :)

brownz

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
Personally I'm a huge fan of the Lehmann Rhinelander as a dedicated Headphone Amp. I appreciate a well designed bit of kit with a decently laid out PCB. I think their Black Cube SE is a lovely sounding Phono Stage as well, lovely warm valvey sound without the valves.... I may be a little biased as well though..... ;-)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts