Pro-Ject Head MkII with 150ohm phones?

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi again! Been enjoying my recently acquired Sennheiser HD 660`s. My amp is maybe not great (Denon DRA 700AE) but at 80 watts per channel in a block of flats (just moved from a larger house) good enough. A friend suggested a headphone amp would make a difference. For sale are Pro-Ject Head MkII at 30 euros (used, but good). These headphones are 150 ohms, what would it mean with this amp?
Bear with me, my technical knowledge is limited!! If I got it, how do I connect it? On the back are four phono sockets, left and right in and left and right out.
Many thanks. Again!!!

D

Deleted member 188533

I wasn't familiar with that amp but reviews show it to be quite old and very low power. I'm not sure it's going to be an improvement over your Denon's headphone out. It also has terrible reviews on Head Fi.

Headphone amps have made HUGE strides in the last 10 years. Amps that cost several thousand dollars 10 years ago are easily bested by amps that cost two or three hundred today.

The 660S is not an amp dependent headphone like the HD600 and HD650. Even something cheap like the Fiio Q1 MK II would be a great pairing.

Reactions: Al ears

gisgillen

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
Oh dear, I`m back. My Pro-Ject Head MkII arrived but the power supply is buggered. A local electrical shop is gonna try and fix it. They said as it`s AC/AC (16V/500mA AC) and not AC/DC (I`m lost!) a new one could be expensive. Could I use another power supply if they can`t fix it? As the amp was 45 euros I don`t want to spend too much more?? I wrote to the seller who apologized and offered to give me back 20 euros. I told him I`d wait and see how much the repair costs!!! ******. But thanks!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts