Pro-ject Genie 3 upgrade

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hello all,

As I seem to be buying mostly vinyl just now I had been considering upgrading the whole turntable, however for now a stylus upgrade seems a better option. Currently there is an Ortofon OMB 3E fitted; what would be a suitable upgrade for this turntable? Or any other worthwhile additions

Thanks for any views.

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Hi, thanks for the reply.

So even for a cheaper turntable like the Genie 3, the 2M Blue is worth spending a bit more on than just getting the 2M red?

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
you have a nice system so why not a stylus upgrade to an om10, the genie 3 can take a much better cartridge, it's a good turntable but an om10 stylus is a worthwhile upgrade and cheaper to boot, the 2m red and blue are very nice but not any better than the om range just different, the stylus profile as you go up the om range gets better as does the 2m but with the 2m range they have a different generator assembly i believe, i.e bronze and black, then you have the super om but you can still use any om stylus and hear a difference but i'm not to sure about the 2m range so if you have a red a bronze sylus might not make much of a difference, i could be wrong though, i'm sure other members more familier with the 2m will know.

roym90

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies! I hadn't thought of upgrading the OM cartridge, so it'll be between that and the 2M red. The blue seems a bit much just now and seeing that it's not even been a year since I started buying vinyl I could do with adding more to the collection!

TRENDING THREADS