Pro-ject Essential Turntable buzzing sound...Help !

uxri

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi all, i'm new to this forum & hope i can find some help here.I've been using project essential turntable with my Rotel receiver & a pair of Tannoy M2 speaker with no problem. Only when i changed my speakers to Monitor Audio BX2, I can hear a high pitch buzzing sound coming from my BX2.I've tried playing CD & tuners, both channels are ok, no high pitch buzzing sound. Only when i switch back to the Phono input to spin my vinyls, the sound starts to appear again.. The best thing is even if i i switch off my turntable..the sound is still there. The cables are grounded perfectly to the Rotel receivers & the connections of the tonearm wires to the cartridge is ok. The cartridge for the Project turntable is Ortofon OM3E.The weird thing is how come i don't hear any buzzing pitch when using the Tannoy M2 speakers.I hope you guys can help me with some advice. Thanks

Hi all, i hope i can find some help here.

I've been using project essential turntable with my Rotel receiver & a pair of Tannoy M2 speaker with no problem. Only when i changed my speakers to Monitor Audio BX2, I can hear a high pitch buzzing sound coming from my BX2.

I've tried playing CD & tuners, both channels are ok, no high pitch buzzing sound. Only when i switch back to the Phono input to spin my vinyls, the sound starts to appear again.. The best thing is even if i switch off my turntable..the sound is still there. The cables are grounded perfectly to the Rotel receivers & the connections of the tonearm wires to the cartridge is ok. The cartridge for the Project turntable is Ortofon OM3E.

The weird thing is how come i don't hear any buzzing pitch when using the Tannoy M2 speakers.I hope you guys can help me with some advice. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts