Pro-Ject Elemental?

BruceJacks

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi all
smiley-smile.gif

I've been looking for a new good turntable for a long time, but the thing is - I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've looked into many different turntables, though up until now they were all pretty much garbage worthy... (prices of turntables in Israel are pretty high...)

Recently they started selling the new Elemental turntable. It does seem pretty nice, and is offered at a fairly descent price, though I could'nt find any opinions of it online... Does anyone have any experience with the turntable? is it worth the money?

Thanks a bunch!
smiley-laughing.gif

BruceJacks

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Yea I thought about that, though the price differences here in Israel are ridiculous. The RP1 for example costs around 300$ more than the Elemental... pretty depressing...
smiley-undecided.gif

matthewpiano

The Elemental sounds good but there is a question mark over build quality in our family at present. My Dad bought one very recently and was very pleased with it until the arm assembly basically decided to fall apart. It has been sent back to Superfi for a replacement but we are awaiting further contact from them....

matthewpiano said:
The Elemental sounds good but there is a question mark over build quality in our family at present. My Dad bought one very recently and was very pleased with it until the arm assembly basically decided to fall apart. It has been sent back to Superfi for a replacement but we are awaiting further contact from them....

Is this just the Elemental? I've had the Xpression 1 since around 2006 and it has been faultless, hence why I'm looking at a possible upgrade with a speed box, rather than looking at a more costly alternative.

matthewpiano

plastic penguin said:
matthewpiano said:

Is this just the Elemental? I've had the Xpression 1 since around 2006 and it has been faultless, hence why I'm looking at a possible upgrade with a speed box, rather than looking at a more costly alternative.

Yes, I'm talking specifically about my Dad's Elemental. Great sounding budget deck but the failure of the tonearm has been a major disappointment.

In general I think Pro-ject decks are very good and hopefully this is a one-off issue.

matthewpiano

Update on my Dad's Elemental. Superfi have provided excellent service and replaced the deck without quibble. I saw and heard it yesterday (through his Denon PMA720AE amp and Tannoy Mercury V1 speakers) and it sounds excellent. A bit of a bargain for the sound it produces.

DIB

May 21, 2009
Visit site
Thats good to hear. The Superfi shop in Manchester have always offered excellent service to me over the years, including a full refund one time when I bought an item that I decided after a few days was not for me. They were under no obligation to take it back but did so anyway.

Henley

Nov 26, 2007
Visit site
Really glad this has been sorted efficiently and that your father is a happy man.

Having looked into this further, it appears that the arm was damaged in transit and was generally knackered. We have asked Pro-ject to investigate a superior packing method to ensure this does not happen again.

matthewpiano

Henley said:
Really glad this has been sorted efficiently and that your father is a happy man.

Having looked into this further, it appears that the arm was damaged in transit and was generally knackered. We have asked Pro-ject to investigate a superior packing method to ensure this does not happen again.

Thanks for the feedback. Will let him know. :)

Jim-W

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
BruceJacks said:
Hi all
smiley-smile.gif

I've been looking for a new good turntable for a long time, but the thing is - I'm on a pretty tight budget. I've looked into many different turntables, though up until now they were all pretty much garbage worthy... (prices of turntables in Israel are pretty high...)

Recently they started selling the new Elemental turntable. It does seem pretty nice, and is offered at a fairly descent price, though I could'nt find any opinions of it online... Does anyone have any experience with the turntable? is it worth the money?

Thanks a bunch!
smiley-laughing.gif

I've only got knowledge of a Pro-ject Debut 111, which I bought for my daughter and, if the Elemental follows the typical Pro-Ject family qualities it will certainly be worth the money: well-built and producing a very decent, if maybe a little thin/bright sound. What hi-fi rate it so there's your answer:buy with confidence if you want a fuss-free new turntable with a guarantee. I'd qualify this by pointing out that you can get better sounding turntables second-hand for that sort of money, well perhaps a bit more.You'd have to know what you were doing though or maybe send a link to this forum and one of us, actually probably several of us, would venture an opinion. For peace of mind, just get the new one.

TRENDING THREADS