primare i30 vs roksan caspian m series

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
fowler:hi guys , well i pick the primare up on saturday afternoon, so i shall let you no how i find it. (cant wait ha ha) im just wondering what would be a fair price to sell my kandy L3 for ? any ideas ?

slap it on ebay, when i sold mine i had lots of offers to end the auction early, the L.lll sells well.

A

Anonymous

Craig M.:
fowler:hi guys , well i pick the primare up on saturday afternoon, so i shall let you no how i find it. (cant wait ha ha) im just wondering what would be a fair price to sell my kandy L3 for ? any ideas ?

slap it on ebay, when i sold mine i had lots of offers to end the auction early, the L.lll sells well.

cheers craig. would i be asking to much for £370 does that sound about right ?

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i think it is more likely it will go for between 300 - 350. i sold mine with cdp for 650 on collection to a guy from sheff. wasn't you was it?
emotion-2.gif
the problem is there are/were some good deals on buying both when the k2 range came out. if you look on ebay you can look at completed listings, will show you the going rate. put it on to finish sunday evening, should help you get the best price.

A

Anonymous

well i picked the primare up this afternoon and iv got to say WOW, what a fantastic bit of kit, im very impressed with the build quality (its built like a tank)sounds fantastic as well, very clear and composed even at high volume. all though i think i agree with craig m about the kandy cd player not being the best combo with it but im stuck with it untill i can afford the primare cd31. thanks for your help fellas.

A

Anonymous

floyd droid:Nice one fowler. Welcome to the shiny knobs club
emotion-21.gif

cheers floyd,can you reccomend me a quality speaker cable and interconnect for the primare combo? at the moment im using chord chompany silver screen, and chord cameleon silver plus? is it better to connect the pair with the balanced inputs, what benifit do you get that way ? and were can i get the input cable from? any one?

John Duncan

Well I thought the i30 and PMC GB1i was a fabulous pairing. I think the speaker cable you have now is fine.....

I don't think the Kandy has a balanced output, so you're stuck with unbalanced RCA. That's not a huge problem, it's just that balanced will eke the last drop of performance, removing as it does the issue of interference, effectively lowering the noise floor (and doubling the volume, if I recall
emotion-2.gif

You could always get a DACMagic, which has balanced outputs, if you really want to go down that route. But I'd suggest you just enjoy.

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Well I thought the i30 and PMC GB1i was a fabulous pairing. I think the speaker cable you have now is fine.....

I don't think the Kandy has a balanced output, so you're stuck with unbalanced RCA. That's not a huge problem, it's just that balanced will eke the last drop of performance, removing as it does the issue of interference, effectively lowering the noise floor (and doubling the volume, if I recall
emotion-2.gif

You could always get a DACMagic, which has balanced outputs, if you really want to go down that route. But I'd suggest you just enjoy.thanks for the reply john, i meant connecting the primare i30 up to the primare cd31, im getting rid of the kandy. were can i get these balanced interconnects from and how much are they ? thanks

John Duncan

Oh right. All over the place - Chord will do an XLR version of the cable that you use already. Note though that (generalising wildly), you can get away with a lesser cable if it's balanced, simply because it doesn't need to be shielded as well as the equivalent unbalanced (RCA-RCA) interconnect. That notwithstanding, I'd look on a well-known auction site and see what half-decent cables you can find in XLR form - there's a chorus on there with five hours to go at a currently bargain price (I use the chorus rca version and it's great, but not very bendy, if that affect you at all).

A

Anonymous

JohnDuncan:Oh right. All over the place - Chord will do an XLR version of the cable that you use already. Note though that (generalising wildly), you can get away with a lesser cable if it's balanced, simply because it doesn't need to be shielded as well as the equivalent unbalanced (RCA-RCA) interconnect. That notwithstanding, I'd look on a well-known auction site and see what half-decent cables you can find in XLR form - there's a chorus on there with five hours to go at a currently bargain price (I use the chorus rca version and it's great, but not very bendy, if that affect you at all).many thanks john.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
5 hrs later........!. JD has covered most of it regarding xlrs. They also tend to tighten things up a tad,bass,sound stage,vocals. Also imo more detail. Maybe get some in on dem and see which sound you prefer (once you get the 31 that is
emotion-21.gif
). Oh, and make sure they are well burned in cos they take an age to reach their potential.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts