Premium HDMI certification programme-will HDMI 2.0 carry 2.0a?

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, the new certification programme that HDMI cable manufacturers are adopting which will allow a certified icon to appear on HDMI cable packaging confirming that the cable will carry high speed info (i.e. HDMI 2.0) which will appear in early 2016; however, despite emailing HDMI.org who declined to respond to an individual, | cannot clarify if HDMI 2.0a (i.e. HDR) will be compatible in HDMI 2.0 capable leads, can anybody advise? thanks

Highlander

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
thanks cheeseboy, as manufacturers have HDMI 2.0a (HDR) capable tv panels & AV Receivers are now available which carry HDR capability, all I want to know is that in light of the new ultra HD blu ray players becoming available in early 2016 that a HDMI 2.0 cable can support HDMI 2.0a-CAN ANYONE GIVE ME A DEFINITIVE answer?, many thanks

cheeseboy

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
the hdr application isn't a cable issue. HDMI cables are just data cables and don't care what you are sending down them. the only real difference between them is bandwith. 2.0 spec cables should have more than enough bandwidth to handle anything that's a) currently available and b) anything that's coming out over the next few years.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts