Pre out subwoofer

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Most pre-sub-out's are found on a.v reciver's. Or least back in the day. But some integrated amp's have them now. Does this mean they have some sort of bass management inside. or does using the sub out use the bass control next to the treble for sub only and not main speakers? When using a sub with this connection i mean. Cos my onkyo has the pre sub out. And i dont no if its directing the bass from my main speakers.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Just checked out the manual to your amp online, not much info regarding the sub out connection, they only refer you to the manual supplied with your sub when setting up your connections, so the answer to your question is I don't think there is any kind of bass management in your amp.

Hope this helps.

:bounce:

johngw

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Usually integrated stereo amps offer no bass management and the sub out is only an additional line-level out controlled by the master volume as with the main speaker connections. Your main speakers will still be fed the full frequency range. Sometimes the amp also collapses both channels into a single (mono) out, sometimes you get separate L+R.

A/V amps offer more options.

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Ye i noticed the lack of info. But even the subwoofer mainly goes on about a.v reciever connections. And for stereo connections it just shows line level and speaker level connection's. They seem to think integrated amp's dont come with sub outs. If you could mate see what you think to the sub manual its wharfedale sw150. I dont have internet. Just this cheap nokia ash phone i use for limited browsing lol. Cheers bud :)

Callan

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
You would of thought that onkyo would integrated the bass management spec Or something into this unit. as they specialize in a.v reciver. and like to pack stuff into there product's.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Callan.

After a bit of searching, finally found a manual for your sub, only trouble is they do go on a bit about the different connections and how to set up the sub and it would take me a while to explain it, possibly confusing you in the process.

If you can get access to the internet here is the link:

http://scm.solitudo.net/gitweb/public?p=manuals.git;a=blob_plain;f=DIAMOND9_range.pdf;hb=HEAD

In short what you want to do can be done but it will take some trial and error ( and possibly involve some rude words).

Hope this helps.

:bounce:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts