Powered speakers with DAC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

jjbomber

I've noticed the cult members are all using the :wave: emotion lately. Is this what they teach you on Thursday mornings at your meetings?

So lately we have had:

CD transport for £800. Solution AVI

DAC for £600. Solution AVI

PC Powered speakers. Solution AVI.

Someone else wanted speakers to fit in a gap that was too small for AVis. It didn't stop you cult members from recommending them.

Peace in the Middle East. Solution. Send Israel and Palestime some AVI speakers and they will be around the negotiating table in no time.

Greek debt crisis. Open a hi-fi speakers shop selling AVI.

Have I missed any???

byakuya83

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Be useful if the cretins ceased from trashing those who recommended a certain speaker.

I would add to the list Focal and Roth, both have recently brought out some useful powered speakers.

The B&W MM1s have already been recommended and would also be a fantastic solution if willing to pay slightly more.

relocated

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
JJ,

We all realise that you are an incredibly tedious person. There is absolutely NO need for you to rub it in.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

jerry klinger

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
WinterRacer said:
Actually, I thought the OP was looking for desktop speakers and I think ADMs are a bit big for that.

Correct.

Thanks for all the other suggestions. The KEFs would no doubt be great but a bit pricey.

Apologies for not being more sprecific (and forgetting the A*I thing). Budget around £300, size = small (say Dali Zensor 1 size). I have the Dalis and could just add a DAC/amp but was hoping for a similar performance from good speakers as above.

PS Just found this review http://www.tonepublications.com/spotlight/world-premier-review-kef-x300a-powered-speakers/ so I may have to revise the budget.

jjbomber

relocated said:
JJ,

We all realise that you are an incredibly tedious person. There is absolutely NO need for you to rub it in.

:wall: :wall: :wall:

The cult were calling me a cretin yesterday, so I guess tedious is progress of some kind. By ''we all realise'' would that be all the cult members realise??? Nobody else seems to name calling.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
jerry klinger said:
Thanks for all the other suggestions. The KEFs would no doubt be great but a bit pricey.

Budget around £300, size = small (say Dali Zensor 1 size). I have the Dalis and could just add a DAC/amp but was hoping for a similar performance from good speakers as above.

PS Just found this review http://www.tonepublications.com/spotlight/world-premier-review-kef-x300a-powered-speakers/ so I may have to revise the budget.

I don't have any need for PC speakers (and certainly couldn't justify £600 on a pair) but I still want to hear the KEFs :)

Let us know what you think after you have heard them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts