power ? HELP

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So far i've tryed asking every possible solution that i could think of in order to get a bit more power from my existing sistem and ao far i've put together this much:

mains cable dont help and power amps will make very little diference fo the money .

So here is a question to all the forum readers that can help,what do i have to do/buy/upgrade/change in my sistem in order to get the nice powerfull sound im after i'd like to get 120 to 200 watts anything in betwen would be nice i'd like to keep my current amp if possible but am willing to change if the options get intresting my current sitem is a 640 azur amp,540 azur player,ixos xhs553 speaker cable,mordaunt short 902i spakers (monitor audio br5 are coming at the end of the month and the 902i are going for good )

So wat do i have to do and how much do i have to spend.

THANKS ANY OPINION WELCOME

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Powerful sounding amp I have owned are as follow: Exposure 3010, I know the review said it's a polite amp but imo they produced a powerful and natural sound. (2nd hand around £600), Krell 300i, the best sound per pound amp out there, I had the 300i a while back and have many amps since then but nothing can do the low end quite like the Krell, not just go so deep and so musical too plus superbly build and you will have a freedom to drive any speakers that you fancy (2nd hand around £800) I will added a few more later....busy now!

A

Anonymous

THANKS THAIMAN I APRECIATE IT BUT IS THERE ANYTHING A BIT MORE IN MY PRICE RANGE ?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="sex"]
THANKS THAIMAN I APRECIATE IT BUT IS THERE ANYTHING A BIT MORE IN MY PRICE RANGE ?
[/quote]

As you have a very good budget system anyway I would save up and spending on something worthwhile. Another thought is Your amp is worth about £150 - £170 2nd hand so if you sell that and buy a Rotel 1062 (£350, 2nd hand) I am sure you will notice more punch and control then you could sell your CDP for £120 - £130 and get Exposure 2010 cdp for £250 - £275 it will improved timming and bass control of your system. Going down 2nd hand route will take time and if you need help hunting down a certain products just let me know.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Thaiman"][quote user="sex"]
[/quote]

As you have a very good budget system anyway I would save up and spending on something worthwhile. Another thought is Your amp is worth about £150 - £170 2nd hand so if you sell that and buy a Rotel 1062 (£350, 2nd hand) I am sure you will notice more punch and control then you could sell your CDP for £120 - £130 and get Exposure 2010 cdp for £250 - £275 it will improved timming and bass of your system. Going down 2nd hand route will take time and if you need help hunting down a certain products just let me know.[/quote]

A

Anonymous

i rwally dont know where to sell my system and am afraid i wont get much for it but your advice are very much apreciated ta

Razz

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Sex - if I can call you that :)

I don't know how much you are prepared to spend for your upgrade - but I guess you want to remain in the budget sector of the market.

I would have a few suggestions:

First since you would like to keep your current amp - why not buy a second 640A and biamp the Monitor Audio BR5s? Biamping has been known to increase power dramatically and it would only cost you a further 300 quid.

Roksan's latest Kandy is a very well recieved amp right now and it has huge power on tap - 120W per channel. So much power for only 650 quid seems like a very good deal indeed - but it might be a bit over your proposed budget.

Also a good deal would be a second hand Arcam A85 - a terrific powerful classic amp, which can be found on ebay for around 370 quid...

Hope this can help.

Razz

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Spot of mythbusting is in order: biamping with two amps of similar power doesn't increase the power the speakers 'see' to any significant extent, if at all. It just means the power demands made by the bass drivers don't starve the tweeters of power, which is why it gives a cleaner sound...

A

Anonymous

ok im willing to spend £500 or wait and save a further £500 to get to £1000 now please dont tell me that u dont need huge amounts of power and bla bla bla... ok my dady has a musical fidelity kw750 power amp and he sold his pathos logos for it , i heard both and was amazed the diference that much power made, now i dont have musical fidelity or pathos logos money but i am looking for the most power i can get and to keep the sound quality i currently have even if is just budget sistem sound quality so help me out please

A

Anonymous

also bare in mind that i am willing to remove my current amp and replace it with a integrated amp or a pre/power amp its just that the amp im currently usung ( a 640 v2 azur ) can operete as a pre amp and therefore i dont think a should fork out for a pre amp.

i was thinking of a 8000p audiolab power amp or two of them but i was discuraged by mr everard ,but i dont see how a 100w dedicated power amplifier will not make a diference and if 1 8000p cannot give me enough power ,then wat about 2 8000p? also on my list was the nad 272 or a gain 2 of them ...?

A

Anonymous

is that it no more coments your brains have been squizeed to the last drop?

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
When you said you after a "more powerful sound" I am sure you don't mean just louder! Which in that case you will need a new pair of speakers! (I'm not mad at all may be a little drunk though!). I still think the exposure 2010 and Rotel 1062 would give you the "powerful sound" you after for not very much out lay

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You could always by a Musical Fidelity pre/power combo 2nd hand. They have high power ratings as they believe more power = a less stressed and altogether more beautiful sound...and of course the ability to crank it up high.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
You could always buy a Musical Fidelity pre/power combo 2nd hand. They have high power ratings as they believe more power = a less stressed and altogether more beautiful sound...and of course the ability to crank it up high.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts