Power for Jamo R-909 speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I am new at the forum.

I just had recently a pair of Jamo R-909 speakers. These are rated 4ohms 450 watts RMS, so they are quite big.

I just would like to hear your advice for a good matching 2 channel stereo power to drive these speakers.

I have an AVR Harman Kardon 255, which I will use as the pre-amp.

I thought to go with the Rotel 1572, which is 2x500w @4ohms. The NAD 275BEE has (I believe) better sound quality but only 150W / channel.

Any suggestion?

Thanks!!

Fernando

hifikrazy

Aug 9, 2007
Visit site
Congratulations on the Jamo. With all due respect, I think it deserves better than a Harman Kardon AVR used as a pre-amp, and Rotel or NAD power amps.

I'm thinking more in terms of Bryston or Plinius amps or something else in the similar class.

TheHomeCinemaCentre

Oct 1, 2008
Visit site
The 909's really need something better than the 255. The pre-amp in the Harman will just not pass through any of the quality that the Jamo's can deliver.

I wouldnt get hung up on the power ratings, a good quality 200w /ch amp will make the Jamo's sing. The quality of the output stage will be more important than the power. What did you listen to them with at the demonstration?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all the replies.

For the demonstration I was listening some Dire Straits songs and also some good eighties as The Cure and Phil Collins (good instrumentals some of them).

I agree that I need to match it up with a better quality equipment.

Thanks!
Fernando

A

Anonymous

are the jamo r909 good for hometheater as well or are they more for music?

A

Anonymous

are the jamo r909 good for hometheater as well or are they more for music?

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Can't see why you couldn't use them for home cinema, only problem would be finding something that will tonally match them for your centre and surround speakers.

Amps wise, go for something big, heavy & expensive!

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The Jamo R909 speakers deserve a top quality amp to drive them if you want to realise their full potential .

I don't know you budget but judging from the price of the 909's my recommendation would be .

Electrocompaniet EC 4.7 preamp at £1890 and the Electrocompaniet AW250 stereo power amp at £4950.

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/classic/preamp/ec47.html

http://www.electrocompaniet.no/products/classic/poweramp/aw250r.html

This combination will drive the 909's effortlessly and provide you with more power and quality than you ever thought possible , you will be amazed at what these amplifiers can do :) .

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts