Power Amplifier for Kandy K2 Integrated

N.Cassidy

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Kandy K2 integrated amplifier and had always planned to by the partnering power amplifier when finances permitted. I predominantly listen to Classical music, especially the larger orchestral music. I was hoping that the addition of the power amp would help the soundstage and separation of the instruments. Also, possibly, more detail in the mid-upper range.

the K2 power amp is now no longer available but does come up on eBay. However, I spoke to a man in my local shop who said that some of the best partnerships could come from matching different brands of equipment. He also said the Kandy was powerful and could be 'warmed' by the addition of a different brand of power amp.

Can anybody recommend a power amp that would fit the bill? I am on a budget of around £500 and would happily buy. 2nd hand.

I use a Cyrus CD6se CD player and have Tannoy dct6se speakers.

please don't savage me - I am not an expert!

insider9

Would this be in order to bi-amp?

It's likely that the benefit of using a power amp along your integrated wouldn't be as big as you expect. Whether bi-amped or used as pre/power.

Kandy K2 wouldn't probably be the top recommendation for classical music, however good it may be.

You'd probably get more for your money by upgrading your amp and/or speakers. That would be more challenging but if done right also more rewarding. It's possible to achieve in your budget especially going second hand.

Would this be something you'd consider?

luckylion100

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I say this with 100% conviction because I had the K2 amp partnered with this very power amp. So as far as recommendations go it's an ideal match... in theory.

However, it's still £350 down the drain. Whatever configuration you combine these two together you won't notice any sonic improvement.

Sell the K2, save the budget set aside for a power amp and add funds when available to purchase a better intergrated would be my advice.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I personally dont think you will gain anything by-amping.

It would be a waste of money.
I doubt you will even hear any difference at all.

Imo things that make the largest difference in sound quality are the speakers and room reaction.

Andrewjvt said:
I personally dont think you will gain anything by-amping.

It would be a waste of money. I doubt you will even hear any difference at all.

Imo things that make the largest difference in sound quality are the speakers and room reaction.

Agree with most above. The use of an integrated amp with a power amp is a waste of money. Upgrade you integrated or get a matched pre / power amp combo.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts