Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Does that amp even have a set of pre amp outs? Didn't think it did, but check the manual. If it does then go for an other rotel power amp to ensure the gain matches. No matter if the output is different.

Bodfish said:
Does that amp even have a set of pre amp outs? Didn't think it did, but check the manual. If it does then go for an other rotel power amp to ensure the gain matches. No matter if the output is different.

Hi Bodfish

Yes, the RA-01 does have pre amp outputs. The pre amp output was incorporated for the RA-01 to be ideally utilized with the RB-03 power amp of the same 02 Series (which has the same gain btw).

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Samuel Bebbington said:
I have a Kef Q300s and a Rotel RA-01, I want to bi-amp the speakers... any recommendations?

Hi Samuel Bebbington

The RA-01 is an excellent amplifier however bi amping the Q300's will enhance their overall performance. If you're happy to look at the used/discontinued components than you can save yourself some money by looking out for the matching RB-03 power amplifier which will do the trick nicely as the RB-03 same tonal quality as the RA-01 and also has the same gain.

Alternatively (looking at used/discontinued components again) Rotel's superb RB-1070 or RB-1080 power amplifiers are also worth serious consideration. You'll have to use the RA-01 purely as a pre amplifier with the RB-1070/RB-1080 though as the gain from these two power amplifiers differs from the RA-01. However despite this the gain in the overall quality of power and performance by using a combination of RA-01/RB-1070 or RA-01/RB-1080 with Q300's will far outweigh the benefits of bi amping the Q300's with RA-01/RB-03.

Btw, what source component/s and cabling do you use please?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Samuel Bebbington

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Thats great advice thank you, I think I'll look out for an RB-03.

Regarding source I usually use my laptop or iPhone. And cables I have some fairly cheap copper cable with banana plugs.

I am happy with the Mefs but don't feel like I'm quite getting enough out of them yet.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts