Power amp for Audiolab 8200CDQ

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
I'm currently using my Roksan Kandy K2 integrated as a power amp with the CDQ8200. Is it worth getting a dedicated power amp such as an Audiolab 8200M (if I can find one) or is the Kandy K2 as good as I can get with a CDQ8200?

insider9

Anything wrong with current setup? Anything lacking sonically or is it so the components are matching (visual upgrade)? What speakers are you using? And what music do you mostly listen to?

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the 8200P (stereo power amp) as opposed to 8200M (mono power amp) which mean you will need two? either way given the power of the K2 i dont really see much to gain, or if you would indeed notice much difference, sure might be a different nature to the sound, but for better or worse impossible to know until you listen for yourself, even if it cost nothing to do, in terms of difference, id be surprised if there was enough difference to make it worth the hassle, as for aesthetics that would more worthwhile if it cost little or nothing to change providing the was little difference in sound

Fenton Beasley

Dec 4, 2008
Visit site
My current setup sounds great. I was just wondering if a mainly aesthetic upgrade would also offer any audio benefits. I don't think it's financially justifiable after reading everyone's helpful comments. Maybe a pair of 8200M's or 8200MB's would be the way to go if there was any upgrading to do.

Brokenflame

Oct 23, 2016
Visit site
Before you upgrade to the 8200MBs look around the internet for reviews.

I use 8300MB (reviews are in short supply on these) and on my upgrade I noticed a much tighter and punckier bass. I guess thats the benifit of power reserves.

I would opt for the 8300MB personally, but it might be alot of expense for essentially a small upgrade in sonic quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts